Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Bronco DR does use a 10R80
I’m all about that 10r80 life. Actually in the process of swapping my 03 cobra over to a Gen 3 coyote with 10R80 and topped off with a G5 3.8L Whipple 🙌🙌🙌
Sponsored

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
No need to worry. These filters are made by an industry leader and are used in many different off-road as well as UTV applications. The filter is also just a stock replacement for the factory one and is still housed inside of the sealed airbox.
Maybe I missed this, but are these a dry filter?

Tyler@Lethal

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lightning 2021 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it mentions shift calibration, would this step on any of the drivemodes?

Is it surprising that an aftermarket tuner could do a better calibration than the OEM? No experience with these things though.
Good point! personally I've had 4 different vehicles with Fords 10 speed. Two 10R80's and two 10r60's, and its wild how much better the mannerisms improve after having them tuned and just how clean & crisp the shifts become after learning for a bit. They ARE adaptive learning transmissions so they're constantly trying to understand your style of driving . Excited to see some results from this one or sure!
as far as drive modes, I've never had any effected in my previous vehicles. In fact, it just made them that much better. Sport was Sport, Drag race was Drag race, and Off road was still off road, eco was eco. Just sharing some actual real life experiences for ya. Feel free to reach out anytime!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe I missed this, but are these a dry filter?
The blue filters are oiled. We’ll also have a white dry filter available. As soon as we have pricing and availability available we’ll make everyone aware.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Whipple calibration initial dyno results for the 2.7L. 91 octane. No other changes to the truck other than the cal.

*50 state legal as well. Coming soon to Lethal Performance.com
Ford Bronco Bronco6G Exclusive First Look: Whipple Superchargers Tomahawk Flash Device and High Flow Air Filter 99DB9E52-88F3-4B51-BC0D-727B811A223F

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

We showed you guys a few weeks back how we pulled the stock RFQ file off of our 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition with Whipple's Tomahawk flash device. Well today we received the first ever calibration from Whipple which we'll be flashing onto the Bronco shortly.

Before we do that though we're going to get some performance stats with our Dragy and do some baseline dyno pulls at Palm Beach Dyno so we can accurately see the difference before and after the calibration is flashed to the vehicle. Stay tuned as these will be available here at Lethal Performance shortly. This is also a full flash which changes shift strategies, increased speed limit to 120mph from the factory 98mph limit, increased boost, timing, throttle response, pedal control and much more.

Other companies that offer a "tune" for the 2021 Bronco are actually not a flash but a piggyback module that manipulates the sensor output signals. These types of piggyback modules sometimes report improper torque values to the PCM which have been known to cause possible issues with shifting and throttle control. The Tomahawk flash device and calibration from Whipple will be 50 state legal and is currently pending CARB approval. We will also be offering a Stage 1 Bronco kit from Whipple which will include the Tomahawk flash device, high flow air filter and a Whipple upgraded intercooler. The stage 1 kits will also be 50 state legal. If you have any questions regarding any of these products please feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whipple calibration initial dyno results for the 2.7L. 91 octane. No other changes to the truck other than the cal.

*50 state legal as well. Coming soon to Lethal Performance.com
Ford Bronco Bronco6G Exclusive First Look: Whipple Superchargers Tomahawk Flash Device and High Flow Air Filter 99DB9E52-88F3-4B51-BC0D-727B811A223F
Are we going to get an 87tune and 93tune? On my F150 I have a 87 normal, tow and Race then the same with 93 octane, Will it also let us adjust tire size?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Bronco6G Exclusive First Look: Whipple Superchargers Tomahawk Flash Device and High Flow Air Filter 98401AF8-2445-4668-962A-266BDA5C3611

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are we going to get an 87tune and 93tune? On my F150 I have a 87 normal, tow and Race then the same with 93 octane, Will it also let us adjust tire size?
There will be only one calibration available which is for 91 octane or higher. The better the octane the better the performance you’ll see as the Bronco uses adaptive octane and learns and adjusts based on the octane you run. As far as towing goes as long as you do not exceed the factory towing weight limits you’ll be good to go as the calibration was build with those towing specs in mind.
You will be able to adjust for gear ratios and tire sizes. It also disables the auto start/stop feature.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.
Thanks!
Sponsored