Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was gonna say, they gotta be getting thousands of chips in a delivery at once. Hopefully that creates short stays on ice mountain if any.
It's not all rosy news.

If you only believe what you hear on these here digital pages (Bronco6G), then Ford is the only manufacturer so stupid and inept as to have chip shortages. And they did it for the sole purpose of harming Bronco reservation holders.

If, for some unlikely reason, you're not in the above category and prefer holding your head above the sand, then there's future cuts coming across the entire auto sector.

Per today.... Auto volume should be around the bankruptcy-impacted 2009 levels.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-31

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I might be out there. "in production" since 1/20.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not my industry, but from what I know from Toyota's US factories and chip shortages, chips tend to come in large batches (20K units +), so if all these are waiting for chips, then they know about the short component well enough in advance to built the unit and wait for content to arrive rather than not build them in the first place.

Likely has more to do with UAW labor agreements, but still, waiting for the last few parts isn't nearly as bad as not having a VIN in the first place.
Ford does not receive chips to install, the electronic unit manufactures do.

When the electronic devices have finished being manufactured, those completed assemblies are shipped to Ford.

Update: Below, the small black devices on the green circuit board is an example of chips inside of units.

Ford Bronco Broncos galore spotted in holding yard -ecm-repair-training-india-100-25-guaranty-500x500

Last edited:

Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes me very sad. Birthday tomorrow and my Bronco is sitting under ice instead of home with me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford does not receive chips to install, the electronic unit manufactures do.

When the electronic devices have finished being manufactured, those completed assemblies are shipped to Ford.
Guess i'm not sure where your point is going.

Are you implying all these vehicles are 100% built and waiting on rail transportation? Or just adding an extra bit of time on delays for chips to get unloaded from port, out to the sub-recipients, then finally to the Ford plant for install?
Sponsored