Broncos in AZ (no photos)

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I was going up the hill to Jerome from Cottonwood today, I saw three heavily cladded and camo'ed Broncos and what appeared to be a full-size pickup in camo (but a lesser level) all in a row coming down out of Jerome. A few minutes later, while actually in town in Jerome, I saw a fourth Bronco, equally disguised, followed by second, lesser disguised pickup.

There was absolutely no opportunity to turn around, nor time to get a photo, much to my disappointment. With the reveal well behind us, I can only imagine what is under the covers. I hope someone else saw them and had the opportunity to grab a few images!
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were they heading southbound toward phoenix?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Headed east-ish toward Cottonwood, which would take them to Sedona or I-17, where they could go to Flagstaff/I-40 to the north, or Phoenix/I-10 to the south.

Pics - yeah, I know. If you knew the road to Jerome, you'd understand, though. ;)

Warthog or Heritage - they were beefy and big, no hiding the large fender flares unless it was all foam under there. The reason I can't tell if the pickups with them were full-size or mid-size is that they looked about equal to the pickups - either the Broncos were very stout and the pickups were F-150s, or the Broncos were just "normal" and the camo'ed pickups may have been something else.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Headed east-ish toward Cottonwood, which would take them to Sedona or I-17, where they could go to Flagstaff/I-40 to the north, or Phoenix/I-10 to the south.

Pics - yeah, I know. If you knew the road to Jerome, you'd understand, though. ;)

Warthog or Heritage - they were beefy and big, no hiding the large fender flares unless it was all foam under there. The reason I can't tell if the pickups with them were full-size or mid-size is that they looked about equal to the pickups - either the Broncos were very stout and the pickups were F-150s, or the Broncos were just "normal" and the camo'ed pickups may have been something else.
Probably The Wartys and the Raptor R

Good huntin!

OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably The Wartys and the Raptor R

Good huntin!
Nice. Not that I really saw anything of note. Didn't think I'd ever see a camo'ed manufacturer vehicle around here, much less the subject of my lust. I feel like that dude from Penthouse letters, "Things like this usually don't happen to me, but..."

After looking at the 2023 Ranger spy shots revealed recently, I can pretty confidently say that the pickups were not Rangers. And after refreshing my memory by looking at the Warthog shots from February-ish, the ones I saw today seem to be almost exactly what is depicted in those photos. The plastic flares seemed to be more prominent, but that may be a function of the fitting of the foam/cladding. I can't say that they appeared to be much different than one another, I believe at least one of them was a 2-door but I was on a twisty road going a little too fast to be taking in the details.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Not that I really saw anything of note. Didn't think I'd ever see a camo'ed manufacturer vehicle around here, much less the subject of my lust. I feel like that dude from Penthouse letters, "Things like this usually don't happen to me, but..."

After looking at the 2023 Ranger spy shots revealed recently, I can pretty confidently say that the pickups were not Rangers. And after refreshing my memory by looking at the Warthog shots from February-ish, the ones I saw today seem to be almost exactly what is depicted in those photos. The plastic flares seemed to be more prominent, but that may be a function of the fitting of the foam/cladding. I can't say that they appeared to be much different than one another, I believe at least one of them was a 2-door but I was on a twisty road going a little too fast to be taking in the details.
Awesome! Only a matter of time before somebody gets more shots and before Ford does the reveal

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No pics? Somebody throw some chairs. :mad: 😁
I know. I debated even posting, but I did at least apply a disclaimer in the title. I was hoping maybe someone else had seen them and grabbed something. There were lots of tourists in Jerome walking the street, if any of them were Bronco people they would have had ample opportunity to get some shots... traffic moves slowly through that cliffside hamlet when the shops are open. Can't stir them with a stick, as Plaintiff #2 was fond of saying.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I know that road well, used to live in Flagstaff.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been there, and I understand completely. :)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend