Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's it. I'm out!

*joking. But I did go look at an overlanding-capable Gladiator Mohave last week as a fall-back in case this gets really, really crazy.
IT accomplished two things:
-Made me feel better about the wait, still confident the Bronc is a much better machine for the same $.
-Set my restless mind at ease knowing that if push came to shove with the vehicle situation and the extended wait made no more logical sense...I had a capable option still in play I could be happy with (not as happy as a Bronco, mind you).

Hoping this thread remains logical and relatively non-salty.
People are getting restless and agitated more and more, I fight it too.
But i see in the end my frustration isn't going to expedite a single thing and each person has to decide what is right for their situation.
I'm in it until it doesn't make logical sense to be any longer.
@Lilj4425 Thanks for the info, buddy.
I am not a fan boy and would seriously consider a Gladiator Mojave if it came set up with 35s from the factory, a more powerful base engine option besides the 3.6, the B pillar didn't go across the entire mid section with that silly sound bar, the doors and top came off easier, they didn't have transmission problems, and they were a lot cheaper. Jeep is nuts with their prices. If Jeep could fix all of those issues I would get one. Having the bed would be nice especially for Overlanding and hauling things around for every day life.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not a fan boy and would seriously consider a Gladiator Mojave if it came set up with 35s from the factory, a more powerful base engine option besides the 3.6, the B pillar didn't go across the entire mid section with that silly sound bar, the doors and top came off easier, they didn't have transmission problems, and they were a lot cheaper. Jeep is nuts with their prices. If Jeep could fix all of those issues I would get one. Having the bed would be nice especially for Overlanding and hauling things around for every day life.
Interesting perspective on the Gladiator. I have yet to sit in one or test drive it. When I do I'll definitely be looking at that B pillar. I assumed the top came off just like a Wrangler, but smaller. I'll check that out as well. Next time.
Still in it on the BL, no plans to jump ship. But good insights

EDIT:
Just watched a video of top and door removal.
8 bolts holding that rear shell on. Wow. And you have to not be old or rotund to get the top two from the inside.
Doors have a non-user friendly connector for the wiring, which is under a removable panel with clips that will definitely wear out.
3 bolts each door T50.
Total time (with the guy knowing what he was doing and doing it several times in his life) was 23 minutes from start to finish to get the doors and roof off.
Now I'd love to see a real-time video (and it probably exists) of 4 door and top removal for the Bronco.
Top seems to be similar to Jeep tops with the panels and amount/location of bolts holding the rear shell on, doors look to be easier to remove on the Bronco based on videos I have seen and looking at it in person.
One big plus I DID like on the Gladiator was the tray to hold all of the hardware so it doesn't get lost or just loose in a pouch somewhere.
I am not and never have been a fan of Torx bolts. But they have been invented and we are forever cursed to deal with them.
The guy that designed them deserves the same respect and credit as the guy who designed the clutch head bolts used on early Chevys.

Last edited:

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find it odd that Ford would release a memo of how to increase your odds of a July get build (change to soft top, remove tow, bull bar, etc.,) and to do this by 12 May, when there are to be no scheduling emails again this week. I think they’re just winging it at this point and don’t know what’s going on from week to week.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting perspective on the Gladiator. I have yet to sit in one or test drive it. When I do I'll definitely be looking at that B pillar. I assumed the top came off just like a Wrangler, but smaller. I'll check that out as well. Next time.
Still in it on the BL, no plans to jump ship. But good insights

EDIT:
Just watched a video of top and door removal.
8 bolts holding that rear shell on. Wow. And you have to not be old or rotund to get the top two from the inside.
Doors have a non-user friendly connector for the wiring, which is under a removable panel with clips that will definitely wear out.
3 bolts each door T50.
Total time (with the guy knowing what he was doing and doing it several times in his life) was 23 minutes from start to finish to get the doors and roof off.
Now I'd love to see a real-time video (and it probably exists) of 4 door and top removal for the Bronco.
Top seems to be similar to Jeep tops with the panels and amount/location of bolts holding the rear shell on, doors look to be easier to remove on the Bronco based on videos I have seen and looking at it in person.
One big plus I DID like on the Gladiator was the tray to hold all of the hardware so it doesn't get lost or just loose in a pouch somewhere.
I am not and never have been a fan of Torx bolts. But they have been invented and we are forever cursed to deal with them.
The guy that designed them deserves the same respect and credit as the guy who designed the clutch head bolts used on early Chevys.
The typical time to take the doors and top off for the average person that doesn't have a lot of practice seems to be around 40 minutes from what I've seen. The doors seem like a PITA compared to the Bronco especially the wiring harnesses.

These folks it took about 30 minutes or so if I remember correctly with 2 of them. And they build Jeeps in their garage and are really tool savvy.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did we ever determine if this was fact or cap? I guess we will know tomorrow

ibanezadam117

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lmao some of yall really salty huh

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And it has gone from bad to worse:

5786F98B-2B7E-480B-BF20-4BD415DE35E8.png
What's the difference between Badlands Series vs. Badlands Package noted on that email?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know many people share your opinion, but there was actually a method to the engineering madness of the Torx design.

Torx head screws were specifically designed to resist cam-out (versus Phillips head, slot head, or Allen head screws) and to achieve a desired torque consistently with torque-limiting drivers, due to to the specific geometry of the fastener head cavity. The design also allows for a higher torque than a similar-sized conventional hex socket head without damaging the fastener head or the tool. This allows the fastener head to be smaller for the same torque, which can be advantageous where space to accommodate the head is limited.

This probably won't change your mind, but hopefully it will explain the rationale behind the design. 🤓
Sponsored