Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah but my box says Smirnoff on it. F'in cool bro!

All joking aside, a place to store a larger water bottle within the driver's reach would have been nice. My 2002 Explorer had that and It was probably the best thing about that thing.
Door pockets man!
Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most troubling quirk: the driver seat in my 2 door gets stuck in the forward position when slid forward. The bar refuses to lift so I can’t slide it back. Takes two hands and way more than a reasonable amount of effort and time to get it to return to a driving position. Hope I never need to get back in quickly after letting someone in back! (I’ll be seeing what the dealership can do about this as it’s likely an issue with a latch under the seat)

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry should have been a little clearer

Heat and warmth is not an issue, and when turned up you get plenty of air on the dash and defrost, and yes I do know you can turn them on and off individually

the issue I have is the amount of air between the lower vents for the feet vs the dash and defrost. dash and defrost are fine where the lower is anorexic

Each quirk should get it's own pinned thread so we can keep track!

I have a few including this one. Even if I have only chosen the floor vents, the majority of air is still blowing from the dash and defrost vents. It was 24F on the way to work today. My upper body was sweating while my left leg was still cold.

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The placement of the speedometer is terrible. It is almost completely blocked if you drive with your left hand in the 10 o'clock position. It also only has the speed listed in km, not km and miles like almost every other car sold in Canada since the mid-1970's.
Why do you need to see the speedometer? :)

Sponsored

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Each quirk should get it's own pinned thread so we can keep track!

I have a few including this one. Even if I have only chosen the floor vents, the majority of air is still blowing from the dash and defrost vents. It was 24F on the way to work today. My upper body was sweating while my left leg was still cold.
The solution to your problem is to move south :)

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

5) The super messy engine compartment (at least on the 2.7L)
Understood. On mine it don't seem terrible. I hate engine covers though, they mostly are just big hunks of plastic with razor sharp edges; ready to cut the weary shade-tree. I usually take the engine covers off to never put back on.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Understood. On mine it don't seem terrible. I hate engine covers though, they mostly are just big hunks of plastic with razor sharp edges; ready to cut the weary shade-tree. I usually take the engine covers off to never put back on.
Once the Bronco goes electric, you won’t have to worry about a messy engine bay. It would make a great Yeti cooler 😎.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have my Bronco (being built today!) but in our Jeep Grand Cherokee, the ambient temperature determines if the heated seats/steering wheel/rear defroster turn on when you remote start.

Is there a menu setting where you can turn that on/off on the Bronco? That's my initial thought, but as I said, I don't have my Bronco yet for real world application.
There is but I haven't done a deep dive onto it. I think the choices are auto and whatever you chose last.

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also found out the hard way. Remote start from the FOB doesn't work unless you double click the lock button and hear the horn first. Never saw that mentioned anywhere, not even in the manual.
I press lock once and then the start button twice, works every time. The truck is already locked though, so technically I'm pressing lock twice, but no horn, as there's an entire night in between those to lock commands.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is but I haven't done a deep dive onto it. I think the choices are auto and whatever you chose last.
My seats and rear defrost are on when I remote start (I don't have heated steering wheel). I also haven't dug into it much. I know it isn't using the last settings, which is one of the options.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My seats and rear defrost are on when I remote start (I don't have heated steering wheel). I also haven't dug into it much. I know it isn't using the last settings, which is one of the options.
I'll look more into it at lunch.

Another, someone might have mentioned but... the gear selector on the console isn't illuminated.
Sponsored