First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4dr Base, 2021 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tried searching but not sure if i'm just searching the wrong things, but is there a thread on budget substitutes for the sasquatch package? Mine is getting built next week and i've been trying to get them to add on the Sas but they won't :(

I'm worried if I get a 2' lift that the ride won't be as smooth. I'm not going to be off roading, just looking for that tougher look, hopefully cheaper than the sas.

4dr base bronco, prefer 35 inch tires but also worried about the differential going back after a while?

any recs? this is my first off road vehicle, bare with me :)
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's really no sasquatch "budget substitute"...bilstien shocks, wheels, tires, proper 4.70 gearing, lockers, etc. are not cheap. To get just the sasquatch look...a simple 2" spacer lift won't affect overall ride quality however the steering geometry will change slightly which in turn will put a bit of stress on steering/suspension components and CVs.
35s are going to put a lot of stress on the factory steering components and will probably feel a bit sluggish with the relatively high gearing but it has been done. IMO a 275/70 (33") tire would be a better choice which would allow you to stay with the factory +55 wheels. If you do go up to a 35 you'll need to remove the crash bars and new wheels with a max +35 offset to avoid rubbing.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's really no sasquatch "budget substitute"...bilstien shocks, wheels, tires, proper 4.70 gearing, lockers, etc. are not cheap. To get just the sasquatch look...a simple 2" spacer lift won't affect overall ride quality however the steering geometry will change slightly which in turn will put a bit of stress on steering/suspension components and CVs.
35s are going to put a lot of stress on the factory steering components and will probably feel a bit sluggish with the relatively high gearing but it has been done. IMO a 275/70 (33") tire would be a better choice which would allow you to stay with the factory +55 wheels. If you do go up to a 35 you'll need to remove the crash bars and new wheels with a max +35 offset to avoid rubbing.
I agree with all this.
Look for a 33ā€ with a super aggressive looking tread pattern. Big treads on the sidewall may give you what youā€™re looking for then do some mock-ups to see if you like it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If all you are going for is looks I still wouldn't spend money on a spacer lift. Instead search the forum marketplace for BL or Squatch coilover take-offs which can be had for $800-$1000. I agree with sticking to 33's on the Base gearing. Anything larger than that and you will want to regear.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If all you are going for is looks I still wouldn't spend money on a spacer lift. Instead search the forum marketplace for BL or Squatch coilover take-offs which can be had for $800-$1000. I agree with sticking to 33's on the Base gearing. Anything larger than that and you will want to regear.
This all day if you don't need the lockers and gearing.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone who wants the guts of Sasquatch should buy Sasquatch. Itā€™s a bargain. For cheaper, youā€™re only gonna get the look.

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i don't even think you can get even the "look" for cheap... Personally, I didn't get a sasquatch because I wanted my truck sooner.

I ended up getting new wheels, 35" tires, a lift, and the spare tire extension and installed by dealer it came out to be 6K.

As someone alluded to earlier, the Sasquatch package *IS* the budget Sasquatch. For me it was worth it to do it on my own and pay a little bit more. Don't intend on off roading much and really didn't want to wait another 6+ months for the truck to arrive. Really happy that I'll be able to enjoy it for the Spring and Summer and worth the money for me.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5000.00 seemed like a lot for the sasquatch ,but do the math and you will find its cheaper and has a warranty than building a fakesquatch.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried searching but not sure if i'm just searching the wrong things, but is there a thread on budget substitutes for the sasquatch package? Mine is getting built next week and i've been trying to get them to add on the Sas but they won't :(

I'm worried if I get a 2' lift that the ride won't be as smooth. I'm not going to be off roading, just looking for that tougher look, hopefully cheaper than the sas.

4dr base bronco, prefer 35 inch tires but also worried about the differential going back after a while?

any recs? this is my first off road vehicle, bare with me :)
You wonā€™t beat the sas package going after market the labor to have them install the stuff is going to be huge alone . Try reaching out to ford or mike Levine itā€™s a Hail Mary but maybe they can add it