Sponsored

Build delays, chip shortages, and why you should absolutely not pay MSRP for your delayed vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know how many first generation Broncos were built between 1966 and 1977? The number is just about 255K. That’s over 11 years. This version is looking at 125K in initial first year production, does anyone think that ford anticipated the level of acceptance? I think not. They got hammered with reservations and orders beyond their wildest dreams.
I think you are correct. Consider the F-150 Lightning, based on the top selling vehicle in America for nearly 5 decade, and the wild success of Tesla. Put the two together and you would think it would be off the charts. Well, they just hit 90k reservations 3 month in - Bronco did that in 3 weeks. Follow that with a 60+% conversion rate and it has been beyond their wildest dreams probably.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
6 pages, LOL!!!!!!!!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of these Broncos on dealer sites that are marked up and then disappear are customer orders. I know because I’ve contacted about several and was told exactly that. I was never going to pay those mark ups but was curious if they were actually for sale. I know there are people out there paying way over msrp from some dealers but not sure it’s as widespread as conveyed on here. These people are going to lose their butts on these when the market eventually normalizes. Your $80k bronco is worth $38k trade in now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.