First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So clearly we all are left out on something here... Broncos built before and after ours are already delivered to customers. My local dealer got 4 February builds this week already ! Ford is extremely tight lipped on what happened these weeks other than "micro-chip hold" and now removed the EDD. CLEARLY there is no micro chip hold as more equipped / optioned vehicles are being pumped out daily. It's got me thinking to what really happened to these vehicles ? Are they really sitting there just waiting for parts or did a manufacturing error take place and they are trying to sort it out. I just no longer buy the micro chip shortage and no longer having an estimated delivery date. Every avenue to reach Ford for an answer is a stone wall yet they "Woo Hoo" a post here when someone shares a picture of their newly delivered vehicle. Something is not right here..... but I do not know what. What do you think ?
Sponsored

Mad2duncan

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think our Broncos got buried by other vehicles after ours, and the Union workers are doing the path of least resistance to deliver,

OP
OP

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think our Broncos got buried by other vehicles after ours, and the Union workers are doing the path of least resistance to deliver,

I think if that was the case you would see random movement of our members. There has been practically no progress & none delivered to dealers. I could even deal with that if it was communicated but maintaining complete silence by Ford is sketchy to me.

Mad2duncan

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you are seeing the later 26,27,28 blend dates get delivery dates

OP
OP

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mid February blends are delivered & driving around town.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anybody get built this week ?

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really think its just the JIT warehousing -manufacturing system...and Fucking Covid bullshit. Example: if Ford thinks map is going to build 3500 Broncos this week, they dont order 4500 Modules for this week, and hold on to extra. Most of the Suppliers have an agreed upon delivery schedule.
If the supplier cant make the 3500 this week or sends a bad batch, or shorts the delivery.... Ford can only build what they have parts for. Consecutively, they cant on a moments notice get the supplier to build an extra 1000 units of whatever either.

So after the shortage happened, the supplier has to supply the coming weeks builds parts, and also figure out how to make up the difference, by adding more into the next however many weeks deliveries.

I think we are stuck in the beginning weeks of the plan to make up he difference, if they do actually have a plan to remedy this, it should start showing more and more broncos retro-fitted and shipped in the coming weeks..... Time will tell.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good question is why are they not providing any information to us? It seems a direct explanation would quiet down a large portion of the frustration.

OP
OP

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really think its just the JIT warehousing -manufacturing system...and Fucking Covid bullshit. Example: if Ford thinks map is going to build 3500 Broncos this week, they dont order 4500 Modules for this week, and hold on to extra. Most of the Suppliers have an agreed upon delivery schedule.
If the supplier cant make the 3500 this week or sends a bad batch, or shorts the delivery.... Ford can only build what they have parts for. Consecutively, they cant on a moments notice get the supplier to build an extra 1000 units of whatever either.

So after the shortage happened, the supplier has to supply the coming weeks builds parts, and also figure out how to make up the difference, by adding more into the next however many weeks deliveries.

I think we are stuck in the beginning weeks of the plan to make up he difference, if they do actually have a plan to remedy this, it should start showing more and more broncos retro-fitted and shipped in the coming weeks..... Time will tell.

May be true but there is definitely no order to complete the vehicles & the now absence of the delivery date is adding insult to injury. So essentially we have no idea if and when we will get ours. Not to mention there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Whoo Hoo !! @fordmotorcompany for keeping us in the loop !

OP
OP

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
lookin like there is very little activity on our vehicles. There was some hope 2-3 weeks ago and now looks like were ignored ..?

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mentioned this on the 1/10 thread. I wonder if shipping is a factor on who gets completed from Ice Mountain. Mine was selected 3/3 and finished and was on a train car by 3/6 in Chicago.
Sponsored