Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I am new to Ford so I apologize for the stupid question...

Is the MY21 built in Canada, or is it imported in from US/Mexico? Just curious as I read all these posts about US manufacturing for the Bronco, curious if some of it will be applicable to our orders or very different.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I am new to Ford so I apologize for the stupid question...

Is the MY21 built in Canada, or is it imported in from US/Mexico? Just curious as I read all these posts about US manufacturing for the Bronco, curious if some of it will be applicable to our orders or very different.

Thanks!
All 2-door and 4-door Broncos are built at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) in Wayne, Michigan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All 2-door and 4-door Broncos are built at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) in Dearborn, Michigan.
Thanks very much. I also appreciate you not trolling me on such a silly question lol. Good to know some of the info I read on MAP will also be relevant to my order.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There were some rumors that the 2.3 was being built in Mexico, but who knows what is real anymore. This whole process has been a cluster f**K

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All 2-door and 4-door Broncos are built at Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) in Dearborn, Michigan.
MAP is actually in Wayne, Michigan. Ford is headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were some rumors that the 2.3 was being built in Mexico, but who knows what is real anymore. This whole process has been a cluster f**K
I ordered a 2.7, so non issue for me.

I agree though, this seems super confusing and even the dealership didn't seem to fully know what was going on. Not sure what's so different about this vehicle release vs. others in the past.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is untrue. The 2.3L and 2.7L models are all rolling off the same assembly line. The “Bronco” Sport is built in Mexico, on the Escape platform. You have seen (likely) some of the Sports wheeling around already.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is untrue. The 2.3L and 2.7L models are all rolling off the same assembly line. The “Bronco” Sport is built in Mexico, on the Escape platform. You have seen (likely) some of the Sports wheeling around already.
People were thinking this because of the 2 door 2.3 bronco sitting outside the plant

Ford Bronco Built in Canada? 1618191062309

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People were thinking this because of the 2 door 2.3 bronco sitting outside the plant

Ford Bronco Built in Canada? 1618191062309
Ah. I didn’t know the 2.3L Ecoboost engine was built in Mexico; I understand the confusion then.

Curious though, I just looked it up and this is what I am reading: “The 2.3 L EcoBoost engine is produced with the 2.0 L EcoBoost at the Valencia Engine Plant in Valencia, Spain. In March 2015 Ford announced the official production start of the all-new twin-scroll 2.0-liter and 2.3-liter EcoBoost engines for North America at its Cleveland Engine Plant in Ohio.”

So they shifted production from Cleveland Ohio to Mexico? I thought I heard they were doing that, but only a month ago... Is it already done then?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah. I didn’t know the 2.3L Ecoboost engine was built in Mexico; I understand the confusion then. Thanks!
It could just be the pre-production one's are built in Mexico. Guess we won't know till people start getting their broncos.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In some cases (dodge) you have the same vehicle (1500 ram) built in both the US and Mexico. For a long while any regular cab rams were being built in Mexico while all crew/quad cabs were built at the Michigan truck plant. So it’s easy to see how it can be confusing for vehicles let alone components, hence the % stickers showing just how much of the car/truck/suv is made in which country.

Sponsored