Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s on our list to build Bull bars and winch plates comparable with the capable bumper. We should have something to show before too long. I think you’ll like what we are working on.
Just checking to see if you guys had any update on this…thanks!
Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just checking to see if you guys had any update on this…thanks!
We have a bracket set built and are working on adapting it to accommodate a bull bar and tweaking a few things to keep it factory looking and 100% bolt on.

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have a bracket set built and are working on adapting it to accommodate a bull bar and tweaking a few things to keep it factory looking and 100% bolt on.
Can you give an ETA? Won't hold you to it. Just an idea. I'm so pissed at Ford right now it wouldn't take much to shift me back to a Wrangler. When I ordered this truck I told them the steel bumper not thinking they had the "modular" bumper as well as this POS Capable Bumper. This thing is like birth control for front end mods. NOTHING fits on the front of this truck. NOTHING. Must have been the ghost of Leo Beebe that came up with this cow horn.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you give an ETA? Won't hold you to it. Just an idea. I'm so pissed at Ford right now it wouldn't take much to shift me back to a Wrangler. When I ordered this truck I told them the steel bumper not thinking they had the "modular" bumper as well as this POS Capable Bumper. This thing is like birth control for front end mods. NOTHING fits on the front of this truck. NOTHING. Must have been the ghost of Leo Beebe that came up with this cow horn.
I’m hoping to have everything finalized in about two months.

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watching closely.

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m hoping to have everything finalized in about two months.
Very cool.

I'm looking forward to hearing my wife say (again), "how much f%&king shit you gonna buy for this thing???".....

Hooke Road®

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Hooke Road
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hookeroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

JBMas

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
By the time you add a bar and strong winch plate, you’ve spent so much on an inferior bumper that you’re better off starting from scratch. JCR offloads was my solution. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6FV.html
Unbelievable that I purchased a bull bar for my wrangler a few years back that was like 200$..how come there is no solution for this bumper that is bolt on.
Frustrating

Sponsored

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unbelievable that I purchased a bull bar for my wrangler a few years back that was like 200$..how come there is no solution for this bumper that is bolt on.
Frustrating
I've had the same experience. I'm more programmer than structural engineer, but I think the analogies are apt. When a new system is deployed it takes developers a little extra time to learn the load specs and to design new adaptations that work. The Wrangler platforms usually didn't change drastically from release to release so the aftermarket offerings were always pretty robust.

The whole Bronco 6G platform is kind of new and I'm sure fabricators are taking their time to develop something they think they can sell. And the Capable Bumper was introduced in the middle of the night to fill a gap between the plastic bumper and giving people a reason to upgrade to the Modular Bumper. So the Capable has far fewer options right now and appears to be a mod dead end.

That being said, I actually kind of like the Capable Bumper. It's a full-width steel bumper mounted directly on the frame so it should give good front-end protection for front and quarter-front collisions (compared to a stubby or angled bumper). The tow hooks look nice and the end nacelles are customizable with cube lights if you don't like the factory fogs.

I just installed this Black Horse/TAC grill guard based on the recommendation of another member. Mounts directly to the Capable's frame points with braces through the grill. Bolt-on except for some mods to the plastic hook covers which I'm doing this week. It has more than enough space for mounting additional driving lights, which was my number one complaint. Almost 80% of my driving is on the roads or highways with the rest through sand or snow, so I'm happy keeping the Capable Bumper's functionality with this bar's lighting options to see down the beach. The welds were nothing to be proud of, but they're all in mostly cosmetic points. I'll update the thread as I continue to live with it...

Ford Bronco Bull bar recommendations for capable bumper black-horse-bumper

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We finished one prototype but I wasn’t happy with it so we are working on a different design right now.

SCB FabWorx

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cadillac CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a bull bar from Barricade. It works with my capable bumper. Easy install. This is the best picture I have at the moment.
Ford Bronco Bull bar recommendations for capable bumper Bull bar