Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How difficult is bunce trail if I skip the ironclads loop?

For someone with no off-road (besides forest service roads to trailheads in a sedan) would it be a good introduction?

I see TFL does a bunch of their tests on the ironclads since it's close to Boulder. Is the rest of it pretty easy?
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the intro from All Trails:

Ford Bronco Bunce Trail A8C2F443-E6C7-4380-B420-471EDB40006D

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bunce is doable in any stock SUV. No armor needed.

Iron clads is a step up, I’d say 33’s & armor recommended. Top loop is very steep.

Plane crash is similar to Iron clads but…it’s not a loop and it’s pretty narrow. This makes encountering oncoming traffic a bit spicy.

The entire area suffers from erosion (T33 & top loop on iron clads) and high use, so the trail is always changing.

I live very close to these trails and don’t roll them anymore because they’ve become a complete goat rodeo in the past several years.

it’s a fun spot but I’d avoid weekends

OP
OP
colobronco

colobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bunce is doable in any stock SUV. No armor needed.

Iron clads is a step up, I’d say 33’s & armor recommended. Top loop is very steep.

Plane crash is similar to Iron clads but…it’s not a loop and it’s pretty narrow. This makes encountering oncoming traffic a bit spicy.

The entire area suffers from erosion (T33 & top loop on iron clads) and high use, so the trail is always changing.

I live very close to these trails and don’t roll them anymore because they’ve become a complete goat rodeo in the past several years.

it’s a fun spot but I’d avoid weekends
Thanks for the detailed review. I figure any local trails are overrun with OHVs on weekends.

WpBenGman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Old post, I know, but for anyone who has 0% off road experience I thought this would help. We just went through bunce school road and had a blast! We stayed off of the hard-core stuff and had no problems. We have a non sasquatch outerbanks 2.3 that we put a 2 inch lift and bigger (all terrain but e rated) tires on and she handled it like a champ. Saw a 2 door base and a 4 door (unknown but velocity blue with sasquatch) out there. It's great for noobs like us because it isn't far from town and it isn't a long trail. I recommend it.
Sponsored