Sponsored

**BUSINESS CASE- Painted Top Post Delivery - How To Make It Feasible, Trackable, Logistically Possible And Profitable**

• Thread starter Deleted member 13817
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Needs to tell us what we can Buy a Painted Black top for if that's what we ordered. That way we can know which way to go.

If ford said hey take the MIC now and we will sell you a painted top when there ready for $1800-$2000 I would be fine with that.
I’ll go ahead and tell you for them. It will be $4-5K from the parts counter.
Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who ever thought after all the disappointments that FORD has thrown at us, we would be talking about a roof for our $60,000. Plus vehicle. I’m a little worried about what other bad news is coming down the pipe.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who ever thought after all the disappointments that FORD has thrown at us, we would be talking about a roof for our $60,000. Plus vehicle. I’m a little worried about what other bad news is coming down the pipe.
The beauty of paying 30k for a base 2-door. I'm fine with the MIC top. But yeah, if paying upwards of 60k, I can see wanting a particular top.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The beauty of paying 30k for a base 2-door. I'm fine with the MIC top. But yeah, if paying upwards of 60k, I can see wanting a particular top.
So it’s official that the mic top is carbonized gray? I wonder how it’ll look with graphite colored wheels

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because that grille does not match that top, so I’m still confused 😞
Ford Bronco **BUSINESS CASE- Painted Top Post Delivery - How To Make It Feasible, Trackable, Logistically Possible And Profitable** F351F8B3-EAA0-4B0F-8529-E33910C1BA50

Sponsored

OakHill

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer quoted $2400 to paint the 4-door MIC Top which I think is reasonable. I’m gonna wait it out though. There’s a chance Ford may fix the interior colors for ‘22
Doing it the right way I think it will be that for sure. I was adding in the fender flares as well so that’s where I’m getting $3-$4k

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ALCON,

The opportunity for revenue is bigger than just selling painted hardtops (post delivery). However, since it is the closest carrot, I will use Mod tops as an example for this case.

(Caveat)**
Ford needs to deliver earnings as soon as possible-Understood.

How to make it feasible, trackable, logistically hopeful and profitable**

Profitable and Trackable
The opportunity is in the monetization (and organizing) around the Ford Profile and Ford Pass points system. Namely, Gamification Currency Principle (see also Vegas, Fortnite, BP, Playstation, Sephora, Influencers, add infinitum). As a consumer for a black top, while I wait, I could be building my ford points and "loading" my account by buying accessories/servicing my vehicle, attending Bronco events, etc. I would also allow people to purchase points (w/multipliers) and have promotion points for uploading content from their trail recordings all connected to their profile. The unrecognized potential to monetize this is staggering to me. Creativity runs rampant with enthusiasts and nothing promotes/socializes better than organic influencer content (see also Bronco6G vs Bronco Nation - no disrespect intended).

Side Note**No automotive manufacturer is taking advantage of this. Look into Sony, Microsoft, etc. The systems for content (camera Recordings/sharing) are already in place in the vehicle. Disclaimer-I do not like data collection, but I will not deny the profitability of the model. Keep people loading their Bronco points (profile) for the next big release. The framework is in place already, whether they realize it or not. Manufacturers are selling vehicle data but they are not selling the other direction like they could.

Logistics Model
One thing to note on freight- if time is not a factor, cost is significantly reduced. Ford could use large dealerships across their regions to be modification centers (insert moniker of choice) or simply hubs. You could also use events for simple modification centers. Come to a show and have your bronco accessorized (simple accessories only). In my case, imagine I load up enough points to purchase my black MOD painted hard top (in 2022 or 23). It is shipped with others (bulk) for efficiency to a location in Atlanta for pickup. I drive a few hours for my top, no issue. People will wait for Ford to catch up, just let them know you intend to take care of them (with a plan).

Solution
The Bronco (chassis) you buy is just the canvas (operating system/platform). The money making is in the community and reoccurring revenue stream. Ford has an opportunity to disrupt the automotive revenue model. Dealerships could attach themselves to customers and expand as well. Bronco Nation was a great idea ill executed (in my judgement). Organic socialization is not easily faked. This generation is too astute for that. The revenue is not in selling hoodies and carabiners. Subscriptions, profiles, content sharing, and gamification options are limitless. I hope today's Henry realizes Ford's potential and offers more than just black paint.

I look forward to reading ideas.

DOL sends
Ford Bronco **BUSINESS CASE- Painted Top Post Delivery - How To Make It Feasible, Trackable, Logistically Possible And Profitable** F351F8B3-EAA0-4B0F-8529-E33910C1BA50
Ford Bronco **BUSINESS CASE- Painted Top Post Delivery - How To Make It Feasible, Trackable, Logistically Possible And Profitable** 1616868127139

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it’s official that the mic top is carbonized gray? I wonder how it’ll look with graphite colored wheels
Not sure at this point. Some earlier MIC photos were more greyish, later more dark. People who've seen up close, have expressed different opinions. Molded in can be any color Ford eventually decides, my Jeep hardtops are blackish. Will see ...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So you want me to watch your videos with ads so you can earn points to get a free mod top and you want Ford to sponsor it?