2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One other way to validate this are all the MACH1 mustangs in pics in fighter jet grey. Different name but same paint code so it is the same color.i can see where “cool” filters or monitor setting can add blue to it

D685CF5F-0650-46C0-BA5E-258D747CD6E0.jpeg

3524610D-2E44-43A0-A5CB-694441103B65.jpeg

2C949C44-CB22-454B-8FB7-E8867256CE84.jpeg
I have an aerosol can of fighter jet gray being sent to me so once I have it, I'm going to do a few paint samples.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish it were more minty green but if our order shows up looking like the cgi one the wife gonna kill me.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Color difference (Bronco Sport vs Bronco) because of there being many more cacti to smash-up for paint in Mexico than in Michigan.... especially in Winter?

teepee542

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
here is a pic of the samples at the dealer. Cactus Gray is just gray. At least in the color sample book. NE is Cactus Gray (also Fighter Jet Gray on Mustangs) and KU is Area 51. picture was taken outside on a rainy day with an iPhone 11 for reference.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray vs....Cactus Gray Area 52 And Cactus Gray

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wish it were more minty green but if our order shows up looking like the cgi one the wife gonna kill me.
Hence ordering the late arriving roof to punt that decision down the road until it's a known and not reliant upon cgi.

If what gets delivered is concrete gray with zero character (plus the massive safety risk of being essentially invisible in large trucks rear view mirrors when raining), i'd be pretty upset. When the paint changed drastically from being a retro-soft color to an ultra-modern boredom-fest is when alternative plans begun to hedge bets.

Cement gray is the answer to the question "Fleet vehicles are always white, how can I differentiate my vehicle from them, yet have less character?". Nice driveway, brah!

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all in on Cactus when I definitely saw green/blue tones in it.

It isn’t for me when I see it look primarily flat gray.

For me the differentiation is the white top. With the white top, the color tones seem to pop. White top makes it obvious that Cactus is minty/baby blue vs (sometimes) just looking like dirty white.

I’m an impatient early reservation. I won’t be able to have the white top so I’m going A51.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will never grow tired of loathing this concept. My only hope is it is due for the crusher soon.
Same here, smash both those stupid concept vehicles.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looked more pastel and ‘60ish to me. I’d be sad if it were another blah color that blends into the landscape with all the other drones

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I asked Mike and this was his reply. Take it with however many grains of salt you’d like.

B51F7912-9D93-4136-A114-DCDD8CB61A99.jpeg

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I asked Mike and this was his reply. Take it with however many grains of salt you’d like.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray vs....Cactus Gray vinceandlarry
what the heck. That isn‘t helpful at all.

They just need to release the actual paint code so the B6G gang can decipher it.

There is a huge difference between wet concrete and a late 60’s - 70’s throwback color that echos Surf Green or Bali Blue.
And both have ardent fans but, they don’t really cross over. If you expect wet concrete grey and Bali Blue shows Up on your $50K Bronco you’re not going to be happy.

Personally, I’m in the throwback camp.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what the heck. That isn‘t helpful at all.

They just need to release the actual paint code so the B6G gang can decipher it.

There is a huge difference between wet concrete and a late 60’s - 70’s throwback color that echos Surf Green or Bali Blue.
And both have ardent fans but, they don’t really cross over. If you expect wet concrete grey and Bali Blue shows Up on your $50K Bronco you’re not going to be happy.

Personally, I’m in the throwback camp.
I agree
I was all in originally with Cactus Grey, I liked the green tones and it reminded me of a throwback color... but all the different images and photos of wet cement Bronco makes me think ford screwed a wet dog on this color... I can’t figure out why more pre-production broncos haven’t left the production line that we can’t get photos of to really see and make a choice on...

I’m going down the A51 road....
Sponsored