Sponsored

Calculating "diminished value" on my 2022 Black Diamond with 2.7 and Sasquatch package.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Late last December an inattentive dude in a Chevy pickup smashed into the rear of my Bronco on a Dallas expressway during rush hour. It's finally been repaired and the bill came to just under $10k. The collision guy said they don't report stuff to Carfax. I'm guessing the insurance companies do the reporting. Anyone know how much "diminished value" I suffered do this accident?
Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was rear-ended in my Ranger a year or so ago... Just a bumper replacement. I had to negotiate the Diminished value claim... The insured's company offered me $500 and we eventually settled on $2500. You have to negotiate this big time, and it depends on how it is added to CarFax - As a minor or major

OP
OP
TXscooterguy

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

... it depends on how it is added to CarFax - As a minor or major
Thank you. Is there a way to find out if this accident is being reported as "minor or major"?

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No clue until it comes in.

mpanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A friend was just rearended in his '22 Wildtrack about 5 weeks. Dealer is estimating $11K for repairs. He then talked to the sales manager and they calculated the tradein value after the accident be $5K less than if there had not been an accident.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could get a law firm that handles diminished value claims to maximize your payout or negotiate yourself. You can buy online reports for a couple hundred bucks as well that writes something up and pulls comparables. I'm thinking you'd get a couple thousand easily.
Sponsored