Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as people want to compare Jeeps to Broncos you can't. Totally different scenario and animals. As I said nothing has been offered from the factory like this ever. Certainly not by Jeep.

And I also think most Broncos enthusiasts are different then Jeep people. Jeep people are use to getting nothing from the factory and being forced to build Frankensteins. So its ingrained in them.

Bronco/Ford people will be more refined and more picky because of what you can get from the factory and it will hold more weight. Plus as I mentioned you actually get more from the factory so there's not a whole lot of need to go out and cheapen the Bronco up with aftermarket lifts and gears and such. Big difference.
What are the differences and similarities between a rubicon and a badlands? I’m not a huge Jeep guy so I legit don’t know. But if I had to guess they are far more alike than not.

Obviously the psychographics of the two ownership groups are up for debate. Again, they feel more similar to me. In regards to upgrading Jeeps: I know plenty of people than got certified lifts and tires/wheels etc before taking delivery; Frankensteining is also exactly why people love Jeeps - they can customize them to their liking.

I’m not sure how Bronco people will be more refined. How does aftermarket cheapen a vehicle? I’m going Badlands because I like the idea of all the tech and hardware being warrantied by Ford. But after the warranty period is over, why is it assumed a 2” lift from Ford holds more value than an aftermarket 2” lift?
Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another example of just comparing trim levels and not factoring in the options would be a Porsche 911 example.

you can get a 911 Carerra S whose MSRP can range crazy amounts (0-100k difference) depending on what options exist on the car for the same trim level.

Dealers know this when they value the trade and price it for resale.

enthusiast buyers know this as they will request the build sheet.

some options like custom tailored stitching may not bring additional value but others like sport chrono and front axle lift are game changers for many buyers. If they don’t have those options they won’t consider the car.

Even a rubicon varies in price point depending on how loaded it is.

the Sasquatch package even without a badge will be recognized for its value.

there is also the concern that the previous owner half-assed the build by just slopping on 35’s. Lifting an IFS vehicle correctly is not cheap or easy and must take a number of things into consideration including gearing.

Reasonable people can have different opinions.At least that is my opinion.

regardless...to each his own and enjoy in good health. We are all fortunate to be able to be debating the value of squatch or no squach. First world problems.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are the differences and similarities between a rubicon and a badlands? I’m not a huge Jeep guy so I legit don’t know. But if I had to guess they are far more alike than not.

Obviously the psychographics of the two ownership groups are up for debate. Again, they feel more similar to me. In regards to upgrading Jeeps: I know plenty of people than got certified lifts and tires/wheels etc before taking delivery; Frankensteining is also exactly why people love Jeeps - they can customize them to their liking.

I’m not sure how Bronco people will be more refined. How does aftermarket cheapen a vehicle? I’m going Badlands because I like the idea of all the tech and hardware being warrantied by Ford. But after the warranty period is over, why is it assumed a 2” lift from Ford holds more value than an aftermarket 2” lift?
For the same reason a collector car or truck is worth more with factory options then aftermarket parts. Big difference. Whats worth more

We are talking about value here. Not functionality. I think thats where your getting mixed up. Two totally different topics.

I know for a fact down the road if someone is buying a used Base model with a factory installed Sasquatch package its going to be worth more then a standard Base with aftermarket parts. And it will be more desirable.

Ford people with Bronco will be more refined because we will be spoiled right from the start with amazing models to chose from 7 all together along with amazing options to build them into a dream truck from the factory. The Bronco itself is more refined. We won't be forced to build Frankensteins.

And as you said Jeep people like to build Frankensteins and that itself will separate not all but much of the 2 different groups of people. As ridiculous as it sounds i know it will happen. Its just the way people are.

And also I understand Jeep offers lifts. But im pretty sure there not factory installed and two thats all they are is a lift. Big difference from the Sasquatch package that literally gives you everything to make your Bronco into a serious Off Roader. A lift on a Jeep sport does nothing but give it looks. Its still a peice of Sh$t. Its still has weak axels, crap gearing and no lockers.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes but Badlands = Rubicon.

My take is if you like the Ford beadlock readys, Sasquatch is worth it for you. How much those wheels are worth extra on resale is how much Sasquatch is worth.

You are getting the same suspension with the Badlands, so if you added aftermarket beadlock or maybe extra lift above Sasquatch, it is worth nothing.

This is independent of 10AT and engine considerations.
If your going with a Base + Sasquatch there's a whole hell of a lot more then just Beadlock wheels. ?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another example of just comparing trim levels and not factoring in the options would be a Porsche 911 example.

you can get a 911 Carerra S whose MSRP can range crazy amounts (0-100k difference) depending on what options exist on the car for the same trim level.

Dealers know this when they value the trade and price it for resale.

enthusiast buyers know this as they will request the build sheet.

some options like custom tailored stitching may not bring additional value but others like sport chrono and front axle lift are game changers for many buyers. If they don’t have those options they won’t consider the car.

Even a rubicon varies in price point depending on how loaded it is.

the Sasquatch package even without a badge will be recognized for its value.

there is also the concern that the previous owner half-assed the build by just slopping on 35’s. Lifting an IFS vehicle correctly is not cheap or easy and must take a number of things into consideration including gearing.

Reasonable people can have different opinions.At least that is my opinion.

regardless...to each his own and enjoy in good health. We are all fortunate to be able to be debating the value of squatch or no squach. First world problems.
You get it. Factory options and build sheets are EVERYTHING!!!

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also I might add the Sasquatch package isnt taking a Bronco and just adding a lift and bigger tires. Your getting the main meat and potatoes ?

Beadlock wheels, 4.7 gearing, lift, M210 axles, 35 inch tires, Bilstein suspension and more.
You left out the very important front & rear lockers.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always put zero value on aftermarket parts unless it's exactly down to the part number what I had already planned on adding myself. Doesn't matter if it was a used and added by the owner or new and added by the dealer. I had a list of must have trims and factory options for each and tried to get as close to that as possible. Heavily modded rides often were just crossed off the list. So, yes, the Sasquatch would add value, to me, to the Bronco if I were in the market for a used one down the road.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am buying the Badlands with the mid-package 2.7L Auto. I don't really need the Sasquatch package, but what impact would spending the extra $2500 to get the "Badsquatch" have on the resale value? Worth it or no?
You'll get your money back and then some on the 2.7L. Glad to see you're getting the big 6 cylinder! Many folks will get Sasquatch because it looks amazing. That's why I can't get it out of my mind. Most Sqautch buyers will probably never have previously driven on 35s. In terms of day to day drivability, most would probably prefer the Badland 33s. I don't really think you're going to get your money back putting Sasquatch on a Badlands. Resale value will be affected by whether your big 35s need replacing or are brand new. Badlands already has all the kit, so you're really buying beadlocks and big tires.

I believe adding Sasquatch to the Base will retain it's value plus some extra. The Base-Squatch 2.7L is the best value Ford is offering. This package will retain a far higher percentage of original cost than any other model with squatch, imo. Think about it, Base/Sqautch/2.7L is more than $6500 cheaper than a Badlands/2.7L. Rolling down the road the Base with 35s is going to make more heads turn.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this whole discussion is pointless on a vehicle that has not even been built yet, but I'd argue these.... based off of the diesel truck market. Same model , but that diesel is far more desireable to many....not me, I hate the new diesels with a passion...but whatever.

That’s it. There isn’t even badging for Sasquatch....a resale in 5 years will just call it a Badlands on 33s or a Badlands on 35s...with minimal resale value difference between the two.
My opinion, mine only, I know many others see it opposite.....a Badlands set up from the factory for 35's will be more desireable than one that has been altered....and the same goes for lift kits. I don't care who made the product, the entire vehicle is a system and 99% of the time there are home grown patches present where they did not properly address an effect their lift made somewhere else on the vehicle.
I simply do not look at trucks that have been lifted aftermarket.
Just my opinion, but there you have it. YMMV.

If you want to have a good laugh, edcucate yourself on driveline, steering, suspension and other vehicle dynamics and then go to a truck show..... my God, I've seen lift companys promo trucks with dangerous mods made to them.

In my experience you get more resale value for the model and not so much options. Ie rubicon is a model not an option. Not sure if sas will be an different bc of how much it comes with though.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As much as people want to compare Jeeps to Broncos you can't. Totally different scenario and animals. As I said nothing has been offered from the factory like this ever. Certainly not by Jeep.

And I also think most Broncos enthusiasts are different then Jeep people. Jeep people are use to getting nothing from the factory and being forced to build Frankensteins. So its ingrained in them.

Bronco/Ford people will be more refined and more picky because of what you can get from the factory and it will hold more weight. Plus as I mentioned you actually get more from the factory so there's not a whole lot of need to go out and cheapen the Bronco up with aftermarket lifts and gears and such. Big difference.
LOL, Bronco people will be more refined. You know you can like the bronco and not bash Jeep and Jeep owners.

I guarantee you an Icon lift or something similar will add value to any off road vehicle. Bilstein isn’t exactly top of the line in the aftermarket world.

I would agree, fords packaging is set up really nice. It’s easy to figure out but you may need to get things you don’t care about to get something you want. Jeep’s packages are a little more broken up into smaller bites. It gets a little confusing. I prefer Bronco’s methods.

Not sure why you think Jeep people are used to getting nothing. You can pretty much get a Jeep with whatever you want. They have multiple suspension options, diff options, gearing, amenities... even the spring rates changed depending on the options the wrangler has on it. You can get a limited slip diff on a Wrangler, can you get that on a Bronco?

By the way, the Wrangler and Bronco are absolutely comparable. Even ford is comparing them.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Serious buyers will know the value of the Sasquatch package even on resale. It is more than just changing tires.
Wheels tires and bumps tops on a manual badlands- automatic does have the 4.7 gearing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If your going with a Base + Sasquatch there's a whole hell of a lot more then just Beadlock wheels. ?
The OP asked Badlands but yes - different answer for any other model.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the same reason a collector car or truck is worth more with factory options then aftermarket parts. Big difference. Whats worth more

We are talking about value here. Not functionality. I think thats where your getting mixed up. Two totally different topics.

I know for a fact down the road if someone is buying a used Base model with a factory installed Sasquatch package its going to be worth more then a standard Base with aftermarket parts. And it will be more desirable.

Ford people with Bronco will be more refined because we will be spoiled right from the start with amazing models to chose from 7 all together along with amazing options to build them into a dream truck from the factory. The Bronco itself is more refined. We won't be forced to build Frankensteins.

And as you said Jeep people like to build Frankensteins and that itself will separate not all but much of the 2 different groups of people. As ridiculous as it sounds i know it will happen. Its just the way people are.

And also I understand Jeep offers lifts. But im pretty sure there not factory installed and two thats all they are is a lift. Big difference from the Sasquatch package that literally gives you everything to make your Bronco into a serious Off Roader. A lift on a Jeep sport does nothing but give it looks. Its still a peice of Sh$t. Its still has weak axels, crap gearing and no lockers.
you are delusional of what the bronco Sasquatch is and how capable it is off roading. The Sasquatch packaging actually reduces articulation. Serious off roaders will be buying wranglers.

Jeep offers lifts, gearing, intakes, exhaust, and much more, all designed by Jeep “Mopar” and warrantied by them. They don’t come from the factory, but a you or a dealer can add them, depending on how your needs.

Wranglers been around for 116 years. I wouldn’t underestimate its refinement.
It is literally the best all around off road vehicle in the world. When it comes to amenities, it has all the same options the bronco had.

You just hate Jeep, which is your prerogative. But it’s clearly creating a bias in your opinions. Like is said, you can love the bronco, like we all do, and still respect other brands.

Just remember, Jeep never had to cancel production of the Wrangler. You don’t have a car selling for 116 years without it being a good product. I may find the wrangler boring because it’s looked the same for so many years, but respect what it is. Even Jeep resale value has surpassed the 4Runner. That is per KBB. You might want to know what the competition is all about, before you star poopooing all over it.

last thing, old Resorted broncos with lifts and large tires, sell better than stock ones.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
you are delusional of what the bronco Sasquatch is and how capable it is off roading. The Sasquatch packaging actually reduces articulation. Serious off roaders will be buying wranglers.

Jeep offers lifts, gearing, intakes, exhaust, and much more, all designed by Jeep “Mopar” and warrantied by them. They don’t come from the factory, but a you or a dealer can add them, depending on how your needs.

Wranglers been around for 116 years. I wouldn’t underestimate its refinement.
It is literally the best all around off road vehicle in the world. When it comes to amenities, it has all the same options the bronco had.

You just hate Jeep, which is your prerogative. But it’s clearly creating a bias in your opinions. Like is said, you can love the bronco, like we all do, and still respect other brands.

Just remember, Jeep never had to cancel production of the Wrangler. You don’t have a car selling for 116 years without it being a good product. I may find the wrangler boring because it’s looked the same for so many years, but respect what it is. Even Jeep resale value has surpassed the 4Runner. That is per KBB. You might want to know what the competition is all about, before you star poopooing all over it.

last thing, old Resorted broncos with lifts and large tires, sell better than stock ones.
Sasquatch-Rubicon-just marketing names for many buyers. It may well be comparing apples to oranges but to most buyers its just Bronco and Jeeps.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
There has never been anything like the Sasquatch package offered from a factory vehicle before. Its more of a factory build then an option. It will definitely matter. Its not some aftermarket parts job.

Also how do you know there wont be badging for the Sasquatch package? Im not saying there will be or that it will even make a difference but at this point we don't know.
Base+ Sasquatch is a Wildtrak with Radio Delete
Sponsored