First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately wifes bronco was sideswiped today(other driver at fault), a dent between taillight and hardtop (assuming that was at fault drivers mirror), rear fender flare was ripped off, mirror was destroyed and other scuffs etc down side.

Figure I’d start this thread in order to update the progress of asking/getting diminished value.

Has anyone received DV on a bronco? What was damage total and how much DV did you receive?

32F1D0BD-7450-4628-845E-15E7A29965CB.jpeg

35C996DC-AC16-453C-ACFA-39C39D7A26BC.jpeg

AC810708-442E-4183-B53E-30B6CCAA4E15.jpeg
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got lucky. That is hardly anything to worry about as it is all simple to fix, nothing critical. Could have been much worse :unsure:.

Good luck getting it sorted 🤠 .

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You got lucky. That is hardly anything to worry about as it is all simple to fix, nothing critical. Could have been much worse :unsure:.

Good luck getting it sorted 🤠 .
I agree 100%, but I’m assuming it will show “minor damage” down the entire side on a carfax report. So just curious if and what others have received for DV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's not an investment. Get it fixed, enjoy it, stop worrying about it's perceived value.
I didn’t say it was an investment. So in your scenario we just walk away, continue being happy and get screwed by dealer/buyer when and if we go to trade-in or sale based on their perceived value of a vehicle that now shows as being in a accident…that makes zero sense. So when you go buy a car you choose the one that was in a accident over the one that wasn’t for the same price?

You should think, none of us here as far as I know created car fax, diminished value, insurance etc…but we have to live with it and to tell me to eat a potential loss and be happy is kinda ignorant.

Last edited:

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t say it was an investment. So in your scenario we just walk away, continue being happy and get screwed by dealer/buyer when and if we go to trade-in or sale based on their perceived value of a vehicle that now shows as being in a accident…that makes zero sense. So when you go buy a car you choose the one that was in a accident over the one that wasn’t for the same price?

You should think, none of us here as far as I know created car fax, diminished value, insurance etc…but we have to live with it and to tell me to eat a potential loss and be happy is kinda ignorant.
How are you being screwed by the dealer?

Yeah, you're going to have a ding on your carfax...so what? Did you buy this thing to enjoy to to keep in a bubble away from all the dangers of the world?

Hell, my '13 F350 currently has 2 insurance dings against it. I bought it to work, which it does quite well, not to be a show car. What I get on a trade-in, if I ever do so, is at the absolute bottom of my concerns in life.

Take a deep breath and figure out what's really important in life. Losing a few bucks on a trade in after you drive the wheels off of it should be low on the list.

Also, calling someone ignorant due to having a different perspective is rather, well, ignorant.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are you being screwed by the dealer?

Yeah, you're going to have a ding on your carfax...so what? Did you buy this thing to enjoy to to keep in a bubble away from all the dangers of the world?

Hell, my '13 F350 currently has 2 insurance dings against it. I bought it to work, which it does quite well, not to be a show car. What I get on a trade-in, if I ever do so, is at the absolute bottom of my concerns in life.

Take a deep breath and figure out what's really important in life. Losing a few bucks on a trade in after you drive the wheels off of it should be low on the list.

Also, calling someone ignorant due to having a different perspective is rather, well, ignorant.
Amen. Calm down. Breathe. Stuff happens. Nobody died.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Amen. Calm down. Breathe. Stuff happens. Nobody died.
Really, I’m not upset about the accident. They happen everyday. I realize the damage is minor and As I stated the Bronco and any car has a different value after an accident. I’m here to find that value.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You’re literally stupid, not everyone buys something for the same reason as you. The vehicle has a value before an accident and a different value after an accident…it’s not “perceived.” I’m happy you can live care free and are happy taking a financial loss today or at a later date, I’m not.

And the dealer comment is about later down the road, it’s why I stated “when and if,” guess you missed that.
How later down the road we talking? I'll be honest, if it's 10+ years down the road, a minor fender bender isn't gonna matter much to resale value. If you're worried about its resale value sooner rather than later, then...

Sponsored

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I lost $4-4,500 DV on an $8,000 repair no fault accident. Other driver who hit me didn’t have insurance, State Farm told me to pound sand, lawyer won’t touch it as it wasn’t lucrative enough for him. Sorry it happened to you.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better just think of all those that were willing to pay it & lost $10-20K ADM when they drove it off the lot, unless you were one of them :unsure: .

Or better yet the flippers losing their shirts on BAT :sneaky: That always makes me smile 🤠

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How later down the road we talking? I'll be honest, if it's 10+ years down the road, a minor fender bender isn't gonna matter much to resale value. If you're worried about its resale value sooner rather than later, then...
I have no idea. Haven’t talked about selling or trading it in since getting it in February of 23, after waiting two years…But I didn’t create DV, it’s out there and I guess technically insurance companies did. As I have stated over and over it had a value and that value has changed. I didn’t cause that change.

But as you can see all I’ve received in response is “be happy, you lived, calm down(?)” as if none of that has gone through my mind. Guess what, it’s hours later and the wife is asking me questions and I figured I’d ask the forum but all I’m getting is some kind of strange shouting Karenish “won’t someone think of the children” type of responses.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I lost $4-4,500 DV on an $8,000 repair no fault accident. Other driver who hit me didn’t have insurance, State Farm told me to pound sand, lawyer won’t touch it as it wasn’t lucrative enough for him. Sorry it happened to you.
Thank you for your response specifically related to this thread.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it makes you feel any better just think of all those that were willing to pay it & lost $10-20K ADM when they drove it off the lot, unless you were one of them :unsure: .

Or better yet the flippers losing their shirts on BAT :sneaky: That always makes me smile 🤠
Wife got reservation, ordered etc, waited two years.
Sponsored