Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking to add softer camp lighting in the rear hard top hatch (not sure exactly where yet). I want to have red and white options depending if I am hunting or bugs are out or just tailgating. My idea is to use the @diodedynamics led strip kits. I want it all with manual switches so I did not buy the bluetooth option(but i'm considering it...) My plan is to run the factory aux switch back to the rear quarter panel wire and then split that into a 2 or 3 way switch that is mounted inside the bed. In doing this, I can set it to red or white using the rear switch and then only take up one factory aux switch and avoid running new wires to the back. Also, the engine bay kit from DD comes with plug in connectors(not sure what they are called), so I plan to position them so that I can unplug easily when I remove the hard top.

Anyone have any ideas, problems, recommendations that I am not considering? Also, has anyone used these light strips? i'm wondering if they are bright enough to illuminate the back without being blinding. Anyone know where to find a 3 position "either or" switch?

This is where I got part of the idea:
Sponsored

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Diode Dynamics has rock lights (can be used as dome lights) coming out next year. I would not recommend LED strips though.

Check out the Baja Designs rock lights (they also make a dome light version, which you power constantly and it has a button on it for on/off).

I believe we have red and white on the shelf right now ready to ship

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-rock-lights/

Available as a 4 pack with harness or single (just buy 1 red, 1 white and you are good to go)

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Diode Dynamics has rock lights (can be used as dome lights) coming out next year. I would not recommend LED strips though.

Check out the Baja Designs rock lights (they also make a dome light version, which you power constantly and it has a button on it for on/off).

I believe we have red and white on the shelf right now ready to ship

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-rock-lights/

Available as a 4 pack with harness or single (just buy 1 red, 1 white and you are good to go)
How would I wire them up to do what I am aiming for? Do you sell a 3 way (function:red, off, white) switch that can swap between them?

Scenario: I flip the overhead aux light and it turns on the rear mounted lights in whatever position I last had the rear switch on. I then walk to the rear of the vehicle and I can then turn to white, red, or turn them both off from the rear without ever going back to the front.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How would I wire them up to do what I am aiming for? Do you sell a 3 way (function:red, off, white) switch that can swap between them?

Scenario: I flip the overhead aux light and it turns on the rear mounted lights in whatever position I last had the rear switch on. I then walk to the rear of the vehicle and I can then turn to white, red, or turn them both off from the rear without ever going back to the front.
You'd do that with a relay actually. Or you could do that with a simple toggle switch since you're just changing the position of the power flow (to red light or to white light). So no need for a relay in that case. You'd want a 3-way toggle switch though (center off, then the left position for your red light, right position for your white light).

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd do that with a relay actually. Or you could do that with a simple toggle switch since you're just changing the position of the power flow (to red light or to white light). So no need for a relay in that case. You'd want a 3-way toggle switch though (center off, then the left position for your red light, right position for your white light).
any chance you sell a 3 way round switch like this?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No just head down to your local auto parts store
oh nice! i only need a 3 pin. in my limited experience I thought it would have to be a 4 or 6 pin. Thanks for your help! now to decide on lights. Thanks for your help again!
Sponsored