First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverlet
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I m looking to buy 4 person dome tent. If anyone here has used this tent, Please, can you tell me Is this a single layer tent and is it good for Four Seasons or just summer.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ethan Mark

Big Bend
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverlet
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I found 4 person dome tent on this website;
https://www.sportsmanfinder.com/camping/tents/dome-tents
But I m still confused which one is best for all season specially in winter. I saw your given link. Do you use any of these tents? If you do, then definitely tell me its specialties.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"the pod" (the one trail recon uses) and the gazelle are very popular with overlanders. Might want to check those out

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My tents are all as light as I can make them, so unfortunately I don’t have any 4-season or domed tents. I used to work at REI though and I know a lot about tents. A larger (not necessarily domed) tent that I’d be confident in for true western winters is going to be ~$1000. If I had to buy a tent that can do everything and maximize interior space, I’d choose one of these:

https://hilleberg.com/eng/tent/3-person-tents/

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I m looking to buy 4 person dome tent. If anyone here has used this tent, Please, can you tell me Is this a single layer tent and is it good for Four Seasons or just summer.

Eureka Timberline SQ Outfitter is my go-to tent. IMO, these 'A' frames are better than a dome configuration.

https://eurekacamping.johnsonoutdoors.com/tents/backpacking/timberline®-sq-outfitter-4-person-tent

https://eurekacamping.johnsonoutdoors.com/tents/backpacking/timberline®-sq-outfitter-6-person-tent

I've had my Timberline Outfitter tent since 1997, and still use it.

4 season is not a general description for tents even though that's how they describe them.

A 4 season tent won't be great in hot weather so unless you're planning on camping in true winter weather stick with 3 season. Those timberline tents have high level of ventilation which is why they have been liked by so many for so long, and why they still make them. Outfitters use them, boy scouts use them, etc.

They have an outfitter assault tent that has less ventilation but it's a 4 season/winter tent. It's too hot for summer!

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of different needs when it comes to tents, so it's really hard to give you a recommendation based on the info you have provided. If you are doing winter or cold weather camping, it should say 3 or 4 season tent in the description. If it doesn't, consider it unsuitable.

As far as what tent you need, that depends on your price range and use. I have a lot of tents. Some for backpacking and some for base camps. Huge difference in weight and construction, as well as size. What will be your actual use and how will the tent get there? Is the tent going to be used in a backcountry area or a groomed campground? 4 adults or 2 adults/2 kids or???

Just for a general recommendation, I like Big Agnus tents for general use and their large selection based on needs, as well as being moderately priced. Tents | Big Agnes
There are certainly better tents out there, but I'm thinking you probably don't need some of the high end stuff just yet.

Also depends on your version of winter camping. This was spring camping last May in 3 season tents, 6 miles from the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Camping Tent B601ABE9-B4EB-483B-89D5-D6E191DAFA5D

Last edited:

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gazelle is awesome.
54BB02F2-8ED4-4D0B-AD1F-37B46E0E3C2F.jpeg

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to be picking up a gazelle T4 Plus Hub Tent whenever my Bronco actually ships. I am not buying any more Bronco or Bronco Adjacent items until then.

Unless there is a sale.

lairgeral

Base
First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the 4 man camping tent for many years,one of my best shelters.Medium stove is not to big and wont weight a ton.Excellent choice.If you want a little bit more room you can look at the redcliff and its easier to pitched.
Sponsored

Last edited: