Sponsored

Can a Bronco Be My Mid-Life Crisis Vehicle?

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whenever I buy something, I always look to have it long term and maybe pass it down one day. Started with this stainless steel safety razor I have, did that with a Gibson Les Paul that I play almost never, and will look to do that with this. I don't know anything about taking care of a car long term, but I figure if I bring it in to someone who does every 5000 miles I can get a very long life out of this...long enough to justify to my future wife purchasing this in the middle of wedding planning.

My kids sure as hell are going to get some cool toys.
Sponsored

RBJBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLE 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am 55. I have owned several German convertibles but my back can no longer tolerate the low entry. Never been a camper, rock crawler or overlander. No trails in South Florida but a hell of a lot of top off scenic drives. I am however so stoked for my Wildtrak weekend trips The Bronco Is inspiring.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI- This is my fifth mid life crisis vehicle
You must be having what is commonly referred to as a mid mid mid life crisis with a secondary infection of Bronco-itis!!!

Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here, let me enable you:

My crisis started with the Bronco. It has since moved to a boat. And an airplane. Soon a second home.

My wife picks up her new Audi Wednesday.

You're welcome.

Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must be having what is commonly referred to as a mid mid mid life crisis with a secondary infection of Bronco-itis!!!
Yes, and I quit quit quit smoking several times during my lifetime also.

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, I will freely admit, never owned a Bronco, never even thought about a Bronco (except OJ Bronco of course) until I watched the reveal. Not necessarily an outdoors guy either, unless it's on or near a beach. When I saw it though, whew something flipped and I've started thinking weird things like camping, and off-roading and adventuring and all kinds of crazy stuff. Is this it? Am I hitting my mid-life crisis or is this just a cool truck and an evolution of me? Let the psychoanalysis begin.
That’s what I’m going for.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in my early fifties. I bought a new Shelby Gt500 when I was 42. Others chuckled it was my mid life crisis car. I have since added/replaced multiple new sports cars/fun vehicles.

The truth is it had had nothing to do with a mid life crisis. I wanted similar type of vehicles when it was in my teens, twenties, thirties, forties etc…

It was simply that I could not afford them when I was younger. I needed to raise a family, secure my retirement and pay off my house and be debt free before I started buying luxury fun toys.

I am not buying a Bronco because I want to re-live my youth. I am buying a Bronco because I want one and can afford it.

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco can be anything you want it to be!

Midlife crisis...life style change...upgrade....a treat to yourself...a DD...a trail king

I think that is the fun of it all!

Personally it is a bit of a treat yourself with some living out a dream of an early bronco with a side of life style change and wanting to have some fun with my daughters while they are young! Can't wait to take them for a ride with the top off on it!

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are just old enough at this point to start making better decisions :)

GeebeeBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the rate this build is going, I’m hoping it’s not going to be my end of life crisis!

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my older life crisis Bronco 😉 My mid-life crisis was my brand new Harley in 2005 😎 after having used ones.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but it has to be a 2-Door, has to have a stick-shift, and has to be either Race Red, Rapid Red, or Cyber orange.

Hmmn... Checks Build... Uh Oh.
Sponsored