Sponsored

Can all the drivers assist options in Mid Package be turned off?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't want the lane assist, the emergency braking, or anything that gives a CPU control over the truck. Can these be turned on/off at will?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They turn off on my wifes 2019 Expedition so I would assume the Bronco will to. Don't know why you would, they have been most helpful to us on several occasions.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lane assist is easily turned off on our 2019 Explorer, Lane assist is not consistent for me, but you can adjust the settings to how it alerts you and how much to correct the car. Most of these safety features have settings you can change for the level of aggressiveness you would like, or even turn some of them off, but you'd be crazy to turn some of them off completely.
Would you be held liable if you got in an accident and you had all the safety features turned off? Could you be denied an insurance claim? I don't know...

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lane assist is easily turned off on our 2019 Explorer, Lane assist is not consistent for me, but you can adjust the settings to how it alerts you and how much to correct the car. Most of these safety features have settings you can change for the level of aggressiveness you would like, or even turn some of them off, but you'd be crazy to turn some of them off completely.
Would you be held liable if you got in an accident and you had all the safety features turned off? Could you be denied an insurance claim? I don't know...
The liability is an interesting question. My issues is I've only driven a rental for a couple of weeks with the lane assist and I hated it. It nearly caused me to wreck from my over correction when I felt the car jerk a way I hadn't intended it to go.

I've driven cars for 30 years without the car doing it for me. Hoping I can continue to do so.

Deleted member 12854

The liability is an interesting question. My issues is I've only driven a rental for a couple of weeks with the lane assist and I hated it. It nearly caused me to wreck from my over correction when I felt the car jerk a way I hadn't intended it to go.

I've driven cars for 30 years without the car doing it for me. Hoping I can continue to do so.
in subaru you just push one button and it turns off lane assist.
i fucking hate lane assist.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same experience with lane assist, really caught me off guard as I have never drove a car with it before. Again, its not very intrusive, so leaving them on and getting used to how they work is ok with me. If I really hate them, I will limit their abilities until I can stand them, but they are there to protect you and others on the road.
You can change the settings to minimize the car correcting, and may be able to change to a warning without correction at all.
I would be curious to talk to my insurance and find out if disabling a safety system like this has any impact after an accident has occurred. I would think if Ford lets you disable them in a menu, you should be fine. If you used a OBD tool to disable anything, you might be in some trouble.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And walked up hill both ways to school!!
?

Deleted member 12854

I had the same experience with lane assist, really caught me off guard as I have never drove a car with it before. Again, its not very intrusive, so leaving them on and getting used to how they work is ok with me. If I really hate them, I will limit their abilities until I can stand them, but they are there to protect you and others on the road.
You can change the settings to minimize the car correcting, and may be able to change to a warning without correction at all.
I would be curious to talk to my insurance and find out if disabling a safety system like this has any impact after an accident has occurred. I would think if Ford lets you disable them in a menu, you should be fine. If you used a OBD tool to disable anything, you might be in some trouble.
" Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind"

-Frank Herbert

Deleted member 3063

Understand disabling lane assist as it can be annoying but what purpose does disabling emergency braking do?
Interesting insurance question.

Sponsored

Deleted member 12854

Understand disabling lane assist as it can be annoying but what purpose does disabling emergency braking do?
Interesting insurance question.
Maybe leaving it on will result in all insurance policies running through car manufacturers instead of individual drivers, haha

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can turn lane assist off for sure. I did it when I borrowed my mom's Lincoln years ago because it nearly caused me to crash the car during a snow storm. I am not sure why, but it suddenly engaged and tried to push me off the side of the road. I am guessing the sensors got messed up from snow and ice, but I am really not sure. I have never experience this issue in another car with this feature and I did not experience it in that car ever again after turning it back on.

I am guessing it was a fluke because I believe it was a 2013 MKZ and it was the first car I had actually seen with it.

I am sure some of the GOAT modes will disable it automatically if you leave it on, but if I have get it, I will disable it before leaving the dealer and won't look back.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
God I hope so!

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta have this so I can keep texting while I'm driving...;)