Sponsored

Trail One Pedal Driving - what is it and can it be turned off?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's Ford's version of off-road cruise control. The pedal you'd be working is the brake. It requires the vehicle to be in neutral to activate if I remember right, (search for Ford Ranger Trail Control). Basically you can set the speed in one mile per hour increments starting from 1 to 20. This is more or less to simulate a Manual's Granny gear for the Auto drivers. But your primary fear of having to press the gas pedal down to move won't be a worry, the one pedal driving is reference to the brakes rather than the gas. -- I don't own a Ford which has this so reconfirm with Youtube videos demonstrating the Trail Control from Ford (since they go hand & hand).
Trail Control and 1-Pedal Driving are not the same feature. Ford.com literally says one pedal driving, "lets you bring the vehicle to a stop without using the brake pedal."
Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trail Control and 1-Pedal Driving are not the same feature. Ford.com literally says one pedal driving, "lets you bring the vehicle to a stop without using the brake pedal."
I apologize for not digging far enough into it. That said it looks like a similar system to the Trail Control so at the very least there will be some process to activate it so the OP won't need to worry about it if they get the Auto. But it still looks like it's trying to mimic what a crawler gear does, please correct me further if I'm wrong here.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure that a feature that needs to be turned on will be able to be turned off.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol of course it wonā€™t be on all the time. It will be a feature you will have to turn on in the rare moments that you would want to use it.

Thatā€™s like saying I hope cruise control isnā€™t always on.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As mentioned....

Trail Control = off road cruise control

One Foot = Brakes come on when you let off gas so you don't have to go back and forth. Not sure if it comes with manual but would be handy with foot tied up with clutch.

Turn Assist = when steering is all the way over, it locks that inside rear wheel to allow you to pivot.

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One pedal requires 2.7L so 2+2= Automatic Trans (for now)

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I do it all the time with my F250 diesel and exhaust brake. Let off the gas and it slows down, push on the gas and it speeds up. Not really a big deal.
Sponsored