Sponsored

Mid Options Package - too much to break?

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Buying a big bend, manual. So far, I'm not seeing much in the Mid Package I need. No, it's not expensive. But it's more to break. I mean, this is an off road vehicle, do I really need:

-Two-door Intelligent Access with lock and unlock functionality - electronics break.
-110V/150W AC power outlet - this would be useful, does not opting for the package mean you get NO AC outlet?
-ambient footwell lighting - this ain't a Cadillac, and I'm not going to the show in a tux.
-auto-dimming rear view mirror - um...little flip switch on the mirror always worked for me.
- dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control - isn't that what vent shutoff valves are for?
-heated front seats. In Arizona? No.
illuminated visor mirrors - Again, not going to the opera.
Remote Start System (automatic transmission only) - Getting a manual
Reverse Sensing System - might be handy. I assume my Standard Package still has a backup camera? I can sense things fine without a radar to break.
- subscription navigation with three month trial - that you can pay for later? Will my GPS on the phone port to the standard screen?
- SYNC 4 with enhanced voice recognition - so I can tell the system to change a flat?
- Ford Co-Pilot360™ including Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking - that would be good
- BLIS® with CrossTraffic Alert - that would be good
- Lane-Keeping System - that would be good (is it just me, or do all these above 3 seem to just be "adaptive cruise control?)
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps - not needed
- rear view camera with backup assist grid lines - so, no backup camera unless you get the Mid? I hope not, because I don't need any of the above.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like you don't need that stuff.

You are correct that things break.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't worry. If you get the manual then you can't have the Mid. Problem solved.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buying a big bend, manual. So far, I'm not seeing much in the Mid Package I need. No, it's not expensive. But it's more to break. I mean, this is an off road vehicle, do I really need:

-Two-door Intelligent Access with lock and unlock functionality - electronics break.
-110V/150W AC power outlet - this would be useful, does not opting for the package mean you get NO AC outlet?
-ambient footwell lighting - this ain't a Cadillac, and I'm not going to the show in a tux.
-auto-dimming rear view mirror - um...little flip switch on the mirror always worked for me.
- dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control - isn't that what vent shutoff valves are fore?
-heated front seats. In Arizona? No.
illuminated visor mirrors - Again, not going to the opera.
Remote Start System (automatic transmission only) - Getting a manual
Reverse Sensing System - might be handy. I assume my Standard Package still has a backup camera? I can sense things fine without a radar to break.
- subscription navigation with three month trial - that you can pay for later? Will my GPS on the phone port to the standard screen?
- SYNC 4 with enhanced voice recognition - so I can tell the system to change a flat?
- Ford Co-Pilot360™ including Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking - that would be good
- Lane-Keeping System - that would be good (is it just me, or do all these above 3 seem to just be "adaptive cruise control?)
- rear view camera with backup assist grid lines - so, no backup camera unless you get the Mid? I hope not, because I don't need any of the above.
You are in luck. No choice to make. You cannot get mid package with manual except in Badlands.

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately heated seats and remote start are definitely needed in NY and the rest of 'nice to have' options come with the Mid. I guess I could get them and a few of the other options aftermarket, but would I really be saving that much more than getting it from the factory?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, but auto high beam headlights are the future lol. When I bought my Challenger I went, “ha how stupid, auto high beams, rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruiser control.”

They’re all amazing. But the auto high beams is so subtle it’s easy to get used to and when you drive something else it’s awkward. It’s easily one of my favorite things. It’s a first world, didn’t know I needed it till I had it feature.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, with Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Supposedly the Sync4 system let's you connect via bluetooth where the current Sync3 requires a hard line.

Not exactly but they use a lot, if not most, of the same sensors. ACC slows and accelerated the vehicle based on the car in front of you. What you listed are more the safety/nanny features for when you start day dreaming and driving.

For what it's worth, my wife's 2013 Flex and my '16 King Ranch have most of the tech listed (and more) and we have not had issues in either vehicle with stuff failing, glitching or down right breakings.

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Less equipment to fail. Every bit helps to reduced the blotted weight of the Bronco.
I am on the same thinking as you. I may add the old school keyless entry pad. I do water sports, prefer to leave keys in the car sometimes. The back up camera comes standard on all the builds. Just not with the grid system. Kinda, pisses me off that you do not have to learn how to drive a car any more. Enjoy, the manual tranny, I am capable of shoulder checking, applying my own brakes without rear ending someone, driving within the lines of the road. I do not wish to become " Captain Oblivious". That's part of being human is to be self aware.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, this stuff is included in all Broncos.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, this stuff is included in all Broncos.

Backup camera is required by law.

I believe the Mid level adds the dynamic assist grid lines.