Sponsored

Mid Options Package - too much to break?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the “increased” price of the automatic transmission, growing concerns over reliability, and the realization that I dont use any of the stuff in the mid package on my current vehicle I think I’m going standard package. I may take that money that I save and purchase an extended warranty giving me bumper to bumper coverage through the life of my 5 year loan.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Careful with a "bumper to bumper" warrantee - they usually are a rip-off. I was pressured into getting one with my 1990 Taurus SHO. Two years later the clutch went out, with a distinct pop and loose, swinging pedal, at like 20,000 miles. Paid $900 back in the day at the dealer who insisted it was "worn down to the rivets". I insisted on the parts back, the pads were good, some linkage had broken.
I yelled and jumped up and down to no avail, I sent pictures in. Ford says "NO clutch repair is covered, even on a bumper to bumper, because it's a Normal Wear Item." I even wrote complaints to Dearborne. Nada, I had to pay. About 2 years later the brakes went out, needed new rotors. Guess what the dealer said? "Normal Wear Item"...pay up. 3 years later, another clutch went out. I had to pay for it in total. Then 2 more sets of brake rotors, totally paid by me, over about 7 more years.

"Bumper to Bumper" doesn't cover "normal wear items" which Ford interprets VERY broadly. You will get screwed, but still have paid a grand or more to "protect your investment." SKIP it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Read the fine print of any warrantee a Bronco has (are there any threads about warrantees?). I BET electronics or computer items will be the first to fall off being covered.

broncomaybenever

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't mean to suggest it would make up for the price difference but BLIS might have cheaper insurance. Like walking up to the car and having it unlock automatically. Didn't think it would matter at first now I like it. Picked the car up in November in Cleveland Ohio, love the heated seats. Never had them before. I agree it was bite having to pay for this stuff but it is nice and probably can't add it later. At least not for the price of the package.
Sponsored