First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2016 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I reserved mine that first two weeks back in July of 2020. I then ordered when they first said you could go to your dealer to finalize your order. Then, like many, I received the email that we would all be getting 2022 models, and I went in right away to re-order. I received a build date. It was delayed. It went to "In Production" and sat for over a week. I finally called my dealer and he said it showed done on his end and was waiting for shipment. Talked to him again the next day and he said it now says "Awaiting chip".

Meanwhile, I see people who did not reserve or order until July 2021 (a full year after me) and they already have a Bronco. In the past year and a half I have been without an extra vehicle we needed and had expected to get. My daughter is at college with no vehicle because of this. We are very inconvenienced. My dealer does nothing. But I look online and see people post that Ford says they are to work with people like me in this situation. It is very frustrating and quite frankly unfair.

So my question: Is it too much to ask that they at least throw in some parts/accessories I wanted but didn't add? I really feel like throwing in something like the Bimini Mesh Top or Undercarriage Rock Lights is not too much to ask for all of the inconvenience and mixed messages. I believe I read that dealers received up to $1000 per customer?

EDIT: I see the $1000 was not a thing. Good to know. Still doesn't make me okay with so many people deciding a year later that they want one and somehow getting theirs months before me. Ford took my initial $100, and the dealership took another $1000. Plus I am always the one to contact them (my dealership). I just feel like I am working awfully hard to give them my money, and not the other way around as it should be with good customer service.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Is it too much to ask... 1645130164075

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sadly Brian, it is too much to ask. There are so many here in the same situation as you, and Ford doesn't get a flip. All I can say is that your farther along than me, and hope your Bronco is delivered soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That calendar pretty much made my whole experience worth it. You are correct. However, I also saw others post their 3 models/toy cars they received and again, another thing I somehow missed out on/got screwed on.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I reserved mine that first two weeks back in July of 2020. I then ordered when they first said you could go to your dealer to finalize your order. Then, like many, I received the email that we would all be getting 2022 models, and I went in right away to re-order. I received a build date. It was delayed. It went to "In Production" and sat for over a week. I finally called my dealer and he said it showed done on his end and was waiting for shipment. Talked to him again the next day and he said it now says "Awaiting chip".

Meanwhile, I see people who did not reserve or order until July 2021 (a full year after me) and they already have a Bronco. In the past year and a half I have been without an extra vehicle we needed and had expected to get. My daughter is at college with no vehicle because of this. We are very inconvenienced. My dealer does nothing. But I look online and see people post that Ford says they are to work with people like me in this situation. It is very frustrating and quite frankly unfair.

So my question: Is it too much to ask that they at least throw in some parts/accessories I wanted but didn't add? I really feel like throwing in something like the Bimini Mesh Top or Undercarriage Rock Lights is not too much to ask for all of the inconvenience and mixed messages. I believe I read that dealers received up to $1000 per customer?

EDIT: I see the $1000 was not a thing. Good to know. Still doesn't make me okay with so many people deciding a year later that they want one and somehow getting theirs months before me. Ford took my initial $100, and the dealership took another $1000. Plus I am always the one to contact them (my dealership). I just feel like I am working awfully hard to give them my money, and not the other way around as it should be with good customer service.
I'm right there with you. It's bullshit when you are on hold for a "chip" and other orders (way late in 21) are getting their Broncos. I've even called "The Bronco Team", left a voice mail twice, and as of yet haven't recieved as much as a return call.. I'm a 7/20/20 res

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

So what if those of us that reserved a Bronco 18 months ago and ordered over a year ago haven't heard a single word from Ford? That's not important.

What is important is that the Bronco Raptor and Bronco Everglades are coming! Also, we'll soon be hearing about the upcoming Bronco Heritage and that we should reserve now! They are coming soon!!

Ford can't build the Badlands I ordered over a year ago (Pandemic! Chip Shoratage!! Plant Shutdowns!!!) but has plenty of time and resources to produce new variants? Ummm... OK...

"Stay Pumped, Hang In There!!" Yeah, sure... that sith has fallen completely flat on me. I'm only hanging around to see what comedy happens next.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is incorrect and sets false expectations.
Yup, another 6G misconception that gets repeated ad nauseum.

Isn't that what the additional Ford points are for? Besides, Ford already sent out posters, hammocks, flags, calendars, die cast Broncos, etc. BTW, the die cast Broncos initially only went out to reservation holders that had their reservations converted without consent, we also got a $100 gift card to compensate the reservation fee.

And to clarify the $1000. Ford implemented a satisfaction program where dealers were given a budget to purchase merchandise within a strict guidelines to gift to reservation holders. The budget averaged out to be about $200 per reservation holder but the dealer would be allowed to spend as much as $1k on a single reservation holder. No money was given to the dealerships and instead they had to fill out a form and send it off to Ford for reimbursement. Many dealers decided the program was to complicated and chose not to participate instead of taking the chance of not getting reimbursed and hung out to dry Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, another 6G misconception that gets repeated ad nauseum.

Isn't that what the additional Ford points are for? Besides, Ford already sent out posters, hammocks, flags, calendars, die cast Broncos, etc. BTW, the die cast Broncos initially only went out to reservation holders that had their reservations converted without consent, we also got a $100 gift card to compensate the reservation fee.

And to clarify the $1000. Ford implemented a satisfaction program where dealers were given a budget to purchase merchandise within a strict guidelines to gift to reservation holders. The budget averaged out to be about $200 per reservation holder but the dealer would be allowed to spend as much as $1k on a single reservation holder. No money was given to the dealerships and instead they had to fill out a form and send it off to Ford for reimbursement. Many dealers decided the program was to complicated and chose not to participate instead of taking the chance of not getting reimbursed and hung out to dry Ford.
How do I get those points? They never showed on my Ford online account.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From your dealer upon purchase.

Ford can't build the Badlands I ordered over a year ago (Pandemic! Chip Shoratage!! Plant Shutdowns!!!) but has plenty of time and resources to produce new variants? Ummm... OK...
This is one of my favorite nonsensical 6G arguments.
Besides the fact that engineering and marketing have zero to do with, and take nothing away from, Bronco production. If you stop to think about it, the introduction of the EG and BRaptor actually free up some of the more constrained resources for reservation holders further down the line. EG is reservation holder exclusive, many of which were 2.7's buyers but who are now buying a model with the 2.3. Same goes for BRaptor, the initial wave of allocations seems to be limited to early reservation holders, again, many of whom were 2.7's purchasers and now are buying the 3.0. On paper (and dealer shenanigans aside), the introduction of the EG and Braptor didn't add to the wait but actually shorted it for many.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have to take delivery to get the 42,000 points that every Ford vehicle purchase/lease includes. You said you do not have your ordered Bronco yet, not in drive, no points in app

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of my favorite nonsensical 6G arguments.
Spin it however you like, but riddle me this:

In mid-Nov '21 my buddy went to the Jeep dealer and ordered a loaded Wrangler with everything but the 392. Full lux/electronics package, V6, tow, and ***GASP!!*** the hard top. Pretty much everything. He now has a delivery date at the end of March '22. That is 4.5 months from order to delivery.

Meanwhile...

In Feb '21 I ordered a Bronco Badlands with Squatch, Lux, V6 and have not heard a word* about the order. Here we are over 12 full months later and Ford is completely befuddled at producing Broncos. What does Jeep have/know that Ford does not?

Also, I see under your avatar that you purport to have " '21 Bronco BL x2". Don't one of those people.

*Actually I have received a number of emails from Ford, but they were about the OffRoadeo. That is Marketing, I want to hear from Production.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spin it however you like
Not trying to spin it nor am I saying Ford is not to blame for any and all of the rollout and production issues. Just pointing out that one department continuing to do their work does not impact the other departments inability to do theirs.

Also, I see under your avatar that you purport to have " '21 Bronco BL x2". Don't one of those people.
To late.
Ford Bronco Is it too much to ask... 1645136199419
Sponsored