First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMO there should not be a Mid package because safety and Tech stuff like this is standard on many vehicles and I think Ford pulled it out simply to make it seem like the Bronco is cheaper than it is.. sort of like the Base as a loss leader.

It reminds me of years ago when things like ac, power windows, power steering, and manual door locks were a luxury add ons.
AC, power windows, and power locks ARE STILL an option/upgrade on the Wrangler (the Bronco’s direct competition). Compare a base a Bronco to a Wrangler Sport.
Sponsored

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like it's a must have for most people on the forum but I just don't get it. Talk me into it?
Bc Ford is greedy asf and as a person getting a BD it’s the best they offer...whoopsy daisy ??‍♀

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not understand the aversion of some to technology. It’s 2020, not 1970, times change.
Some good, some bad. I have a 2018 honda Civic sport touring edition. It has every bell and whistle Honda offers. It has their “sensing“ safety package. Damm car can drive on the highway around a curve by itself at 70mph. So I leave the lane keep assist (LKAS) option on.

The car also has a anti collision emergency braking feature, that one I keep OFF! The sensing feature can identify the road lane markers and if it thinks you drove off the road it will hit the brakes for you. I think max auto braking is like 90% capability and it hits hard (it’s trying to prevent or lessen an accident). Problem is where ever there is road construction or a lane change Across a road seam. The system will pick up on the road seams between lanes. So one day I’m driving 45 and there is a lane change due to construction (no pavement stripes best cause it temporary) and damm car hits the brakes while I’m driving.

Not a good experience to be driving and all of a sudden your car decides it needs to hit 90% brakes for you. The rest of the tech is pretty cool. Adaptive cruise control is nice and smooth. The same system controls the auto wipers by detecting the number of raindrops on the windshield, works real good. It will speed up, slow down and start, stop the wipers as needed.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some good, some bad. I have a 2018 honda Civic sport touring edition. It has every bell and whistle Honda offers. It has their “sensing“ safety package. Damm car can drive on the highway around a curve by itself at 70mph. So I leave the lane keep assist (LKAS) option on.

The car also has a anti collision emergency braking feature, that one I keep OFF! The sensing feature can identify the road lane markers and if it thinks you drove off the road it will hit the brakes for you. I think max auto braking is like 90% capability and it hits hard (it’s trying to prevent or lessen an accident). Problem is where ever there is road construction or a lane change Across a road seam. The system will pick up on the road seams between lanes. So one day I’m driving 45 and there is a lane change due to construction (no pavement stripes best cause it temporary) and damm car hits the brakes while I’m driving.

Not a good experience to be driving and all of a sudden your car decides it needs to hit 90% brakes for you. The rest of the tech is pretty cool. Adaptive cruise control is nice and smooth. The same system controls the auto wipers by detecting the number of raindrops on the windshield, works real good. It will speed up, slow down and start, stop the wipers as needed.
Ive got all that in my 19’ Challenger and I love all of it! My car senses forward collisions and warns me but I don’t think it’s every braked for me. Thank god I don’t have any lane assist because that sounds awful, that’s just dangerous.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good point. Perhaps at some point in the future features like that are integrated with the type of info that Waze and similar are producing and there's a new option to disable features like that when in a construction zone, etc.
Sponsored