First Name
Torry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Debating on doing 2” lift with 35’s or 3.5” with 37’s on 2.3 4-door Black Diamond (automatic).

Honestly, no off roading. It’s just a fun weekend vehicle for the family. Curious if steering components (and the 2.3) ect can handle the 37’s or if they are going to break stuff ?

Although the gas mileage is horrible in general on the Broncos, but how much of a mpg difference would there be between the two
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll be fine. I'd worry about the front axle if you were to push it hard offroad, but just cruising around you won't hurt it.

The 2.3 is plenty strong enough too.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
^^ Yep you'll be good if you don't plan on any challenging off road wheeling. There are components to address for the real 4 wheeling but for a daily driver it will work.

Just be mindful of what 37" tires you plan to use. If you use the the 37-inch BF Goodrich KO2s like outfitted on the Bronco Raptor, they are load range C and weigh significantly less than most 37" tires that are usually load range D or E. Load range D and E weigh a good deal more and you will notice a decrease in mileage.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with both of the other posters.

To be honest, if you are worried about gas mileage I wouldn’t go with 37” tires. You can go from the stock 32/33” tires to 35” tires without too much of a hit. But 37s are probably going to bring you down to 14-17 MPG depending on how much poke you have, how you drive, etc. etc.

But @Victoryengineer is 100% correct, if you do decide to go with larger tires the name of the game is weight savings. Part of the reason why Ford went with lighter tires for both the Sasquatch package and the Raptor was to keep those fuel economy numbers up.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would go with tie rod sleeves as cheap insurance. I am on E rated 35s, 2" lift and getting 16-17mpg. Like others have said, watch your tire weight if you want mpg. Long term your better off with smaller tires, less wear and tear on everything.
Sponsored