First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure this was talked about before but in my search, I couldn’t come up with a good answer.
I have been so pumped to get my lift and put 37’s on my Badlands w/ Sasquatch. Mind was made up. But now that I have my lift on the way (3” icon), ordered the max tire clearance kit, tailgate reinforcement,….I’m wondering about functionality. I don’t go off-road much. Mainly during hunting season. But I want it to be functional without having to worry about rubbing or tearing anything up.
Some pictures I see with 37’s look so stuffed and people swear that there is zero rub lol. And some I see look great. And with 35’s, some look strange with such a small tire, while others look really good with 3” lift and 35’s. It’s all just really confusing to me and now I’m stuck not knowing what to order.
Will I be happy with the 37’s or will it be a hassle when off-roading with a lot of rubbing?
Has anyone lifted 3” and put 35’s instead of going bigger? If so, could I get some pictures posted please?
I could use all the help I can get with making a decision. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure this was talked about before but in my search, I couldn’t come up with a good answer.
I have been so pumped to get my lift and put 37’s on my Badlands w/ Sasquatch. Mind was made up. But now that I have my lift on the way (3” icon), ordered the max tire clearance kit, tailgate reinforcement,….I’m wondering about functionality. I don’t go off-road much. Mainly during hunting season. But I want it to be functional without having to worry about rubbing or tearing anything up.
Some pictures I see with 37’s look so stuffed and people swear that there is zero rub lol. And some I see look great. And with 35’s, some look strange with such a small tire, while others look really good with 3” lift and 35’s. It’s all just really confusing to me and now I’m stuck not knowing what to order.
Will I be happy with the 37’s or will it be a hassle when off-roading with a lot of rubbing?
Has anyone lifted 3” and put 35’s instead of going bigger? If so, could I get some pictures posted please?
I could use all the help I can get with making a decision. Thanks in advance
37s w/ proper wheel offset will function fine on a 3" lift although the bigger tire will put more strain on the drivetrain and fuel mileage will most likely take a hit.

OP
OP

23OxWht

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37s w/ proper wheel offset will function fine on a 3" lift although the bigger tire will put more strain on the drivetrain and fuel mileage will most likely take a hit.
So I’m assuming an offset of 0 will be okay since that’s what I have seen most people go with. Right? And just for clarification, I am aware that you could get the 37’s in there with not much problem. When I mention functionality, I’m referring to going off-road, and also full lock on a flat surface with no issues forward or reverse.. Like I don’t want to have rubbing if I go over a curb at the mall either hahaha.
Yeah I’m prepared for the fuel mileage. I am going in to this knowing I will take a hit there. As far as drivetrain, steering, etc, Those types of mods will be the very next thing I do.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t go off-road much... I want it to be functional without having to worry about rubbing or tearing anything up.
What is compelling (or even influencing) you to consider a 3" lift and 37" tires given what you stated? No matter how well designed the lift is and, yes, even how "functional" it may be it's a certainty that you are looking at more wear and tear on the vehicle, reduced braking performance, reduced fuel economy, possible denied warranty claims.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m assuming an offset of 0 will be okay since that’s what I have seen most people go with. Right? And just for clarification, I am aware that you could get the 37’s in there with not much problem. When I mention functionality, I’m referring to going off-road, and also full lock on a flat surface with no issues forward or reverse.. Like I don’t want to have rubbing if I go over a curb at the mall either hahaha.
Yeah I’m prepared for the fuel mileage. I am going in to this knowing I will take a hit there. As far as drivetrain, steering, etc, Those types of mods will be the very next thing I do.
Crash bars removed, 0" offset wheel w/ a max 12.5" wide tire you should be good to go to the woods and the mall no issues.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With 37s, you need to do more work yet still.

I’m running Icon coilovers for 37s and also had to trim rock sliders, rear wheel well liner, adjust bump stops and a few other small things you didn’t list.

It’s a trial and error based on which exact tires you go with.

OP
OP

23OxWht

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crash bars removed, 0" offset wheel w/ a max 12.5" wide tire you should be good to go to the woods and the mall no issues.
Thank you. That’s the kind of motivation I was looking for. Haha. As long as my everyday driving and occasional off-roading is okay, I’m good with sticking with the 37’s
Sponsored