Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You've always been able to buy a bag for the middle panel. It's been an accessory catalog since the beginning.

I never realized how big that middle panel was until that picture. To me it kind of reinforces the fact that all this on board storage options is just marketing BS.

I don't know, maybe some of you don't have anything in your trunk. But there is just no way that most people are going to be able to fit doors, or tops in the back because they're going to have something else they need the trunk for. I mean if you want to go on a Sunday drive sure. But if you're going off-roading, or you're going to the beach, or anything where you need to take a cooler or supplies, ain't none of that Ford marketing is going to fit And you're going to have to deal just like Jeep folks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You've always been able to buy a bag for the middle panel. It's been an accessory catalog since the beginning.

I never realized how big that middle panel was until that picture. To me it kind of reinforces the fact that all this on board storage options is just marketing BS.

I don't know, maybe some of you don't have anything in your trunk. But there is just no way that most people are going to be able to fit doors, or tops in the back because they're going to have something else they need the trunk for. I mean if you want to go on a Sunday drive sure. But if you're going off-roading, or you're going to the beach, or anything where you need to take a cooler or supplies, ain't none of that Ford marketing is going to fit And you're going to have to deal just like Jeep folks.
Middle panel is bigger than I thought that pic definitely shows it. I believe Ford said you can store all 4 doors and the 2 front panels in the trunk. You are right that leaves no space for freezer etc. might need to buy the tube doors for beach outing 😁 leave the stock ones at home and hope for no side ways rain

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked this question a couple times, but glad to finally see a response. Thanks!

FYI - This is amazing, because I would love to have a very memorable maiden voyage back from the dealer (even if it's 55 degrees out lol). And my 3 yr old daughter is definitely going to want to come along on that ride. So this makes it possible. Plus - long term if you have a need for one car seat all the time, it's good to know this works without the full bench down. She's gonna love this.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. It's tight in the photos but doable. You can use the panel bag and hook it over the sport bar in the back and use the two side tie down points and they are fine sideways. Won't go anywhere. The big panel you can easily secure with some bungee cords.

If you did that, it would stay more vertical and you could fit some stuff in the back. I am the type to keep my truck pretty empty, but If you keep a cargo organizer in the back or a bunch of stuff, it's going to make on the fly roof removal tricky. I could still fit enough supplies for a 2 day camping trip for 2 people, easy.

I went for a drive for about an hour with the roof secured in the back and it was great.

LPETTIS4

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be able to take some photos this afternoon. I'm curious about this as well.

I noticed some hex pattern on the top that I need to check out as well. Don't think that was fully fixed with MIC 2.0.
I'm seeing the pattern too! I wonder if we can get some FordPass points for it.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm seeing the pattern too! I wonder if we can get some FordPass points for it.
The roof is functionally excellent. It's not very loud inside until I hit about 80MPH. It never gets very loud. Normal talking voice works fine on the freeway.

My edges are all fine, but still not perfectly rolled.. and I do see a slight hex in certain areas, but it's not eye catching and hell, looks neat.

LPETTIS4

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The roof is functionally excellent. It's not very loud inside until I hit about 80MPH. It never gets very loud. Normal talking voice works fine on the freeway.

My edges are all fine, but still not perfectly rolled.. and I do see a slight hex in certain areas, but it's not eye catching and hell, looks neat.
I agree wind noise and faint whistling starts around 75-80 mph, but my music is up so it's no problem. I'm just excited to have my truck!!!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20211024_173513.jpg
20211024_173445.jpg
20211024_173426.jpg

Get some bags or a packing blanket and bobs your uncle. Fits fine.

Came across this old thread today...had been wondering the same thing. My follow up question is do you think you could also fit the front two doors inside as well as the front two and middle panels?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came across this old thread today...had been wondering the same thing. My follow up question is do you think you could also fit the front two doors inside as well as the front two and middle panels?
Maybe? You can maybe Tetris it all in there, but you're gonna need some packing blankets or something to keep things from banging around too much. Even with the door bags, I'd be worried about doing any bumpy stuff. You won't be able to secure anything with the tie downs as designed, but you'll be able to get a few connected it youre creative.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe? You can maybe Tetris it all in there, but you're gonna need some packing blankets or something to keep things from banging around too much. Even with the door bags, I'd be worried about doing any bumpy stuff. You won't be able to secure anything with the tie downs as designed, but you'll be able to get a few connected it youre creative.
Yea, it kind of looks like you could fit two of them sideways.....I'd definitely not try it off-roading, but maybe cruising around the beach or just somewhere on a nice day you pull over and decide to take off two doors and the front and middle rows of the roof.

Sponsored

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also came across this old thread, this information is great to know thank you! Just wondering if the other back seat was down would the back panel lay flat?

Destination Bigfoot Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Limited, 2022 Bronco OBX Cyber Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have a short roof rack, you can store all 3 panels affixed to the rack. I have the Trailrax half rack and the outside edges of the middle panel fit perfectly over the sides of the rack.

Kearyclose

Badlands
First Name
Keary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a short roof rack, you can store all 3 panels affixed to the rack. I have the Trailrax half rack and the outside edges of the middle panel fit perfectly over the sides of the rack.
Thanks for the good idea. If you get a chance, mind sharing a photo of that setup? I’ve been considering the half rack for ease of use (not having to remove each time I want the top off). My only concern is that it interferes with a garage hoist — although maybe I could just connect the half rack to the hoist?

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4 door Bronco owners can middle roof panel fit in the back with one of the back row seat folded?
it will stand up, which to me looks stupid with windows down.
Good to know one person can seat in the back with middle roof panel off that’s awesome
yes, but see my reply above, or pics below.
20211024_173513.jpg
20211024_173445.jpg
20211024_173426.jpg

Get some bags or a packing blanket and bobs your uncle. Fits fine.
But it looks/is way too cumbersome to stand up with the right rear seat up. And who wants to cruise tops off, but sticking up in the back?
Also came across this old thread, this information is great to know thank you! Just wondering if the other back seat was down would the back panel lay flat?
yes, flat with all seats down.
Yes, but only aftermarket rail. I can’t get the mid section off with the OE Ford roof rails.
Sponsored