Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good morning everyone!

I placed an in-store order back on 2/13, got the confirmation email almost immediately so I figured all was well. A few days later I realized my Ford account was still showing just the reservation, and brought this to the attention of my dealer who claimed it was an issue on Fordā€˜s end and they were waiting to get it fixed.

After weeks of going back and forth and learning on here that it needed to be fixed on the dealers end, they finally resolved the issue. Except now my order date says 3/20/21, 1 day after the cutoff. I am pissed. Is there any way I can either have Ford or my dealer change the time stamp to reflect me doing everything right on my part and actually having my order in weeks ago?! I am looking to you guys from now on because I have little confidence left in my dealer.

Thanks!
I would figure that Ford customer service would need to fix it. And when I say customer service I mean Ford database developers.

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not sure the order date can be changed in your case. If the order was placed on 3/20 by your dealer by mistake...it was still placed on 3/20 so I donā€™t think Ford will be able to change that.

However there is this to consider: seeing as though your reservation date was 2/13 (which is very late) there is an almost guaranteed chance that you will get your bronco AFTER the first quarter of production. Even though your order date is 1 day past the deadline...it only stops you from potentially getting your bronco in the first 3 months of MY21 production (which is highly unlikely given your reservation date). After this, you will still fall into the queue as you were supposed to. This will most likely put you at MY22 whether your order date was 3/19 (on time) or 3/20 (late).

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What, exactly, email did you get back in February? Could be a couple things depending on who it came from and what it said.

OP
OP
youseriousclark

youseriousclark

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door Badlands/2.7/Lux/Oxford White
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What, exactly, email did you get back in February? Could be a couple things depending on who it came from and what it said.
So the dealer did get my order in on that day, he just didnā€™t link it with my reservation. I got an email from Ford confirming the order was placed. Customer service could see my reservation that wasnā€™t converted, and they could also see the order which wasnā€™t linked to any reservation.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst case you miss the first three months of production, which you probably would not have been in anyway and you get no delivery estimate in May. Best case is they updated the 2/13 order instead of making a new one and cancelling the other, then you get your eta in May

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shouldā€™ve included this, my res date is actually 10/4 which I know is still a bit later, I figured I wouldnā€™t be getting mine until the end of this year at the earliest but I didnā€™t know if not getting it in by the cutoff would make a big difference in that or not.
Ahh I see. My bad I initially thought you went in and got your reservation ā€œin-storeā€ on February.
In that case...I still think what I said applies. October is still late (Iā€™m August and feel that Iā€™m in the same ā€œlateā€ boat). But you may have more motivation to try and talk to Ford to see if they can change the order date. You have a confirmation email for your order which shows them you tried to make it happen in February.

Good luck my man.

OP
OP
youseriousclark

youseriousclark

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh I see. My bad I initially thought you went in and got your reservation ā€œin-storeā€ on February.
In that case...I still think what I said applies. October is still late (Iā€™m August and feel that Iā€™m in the same ā€œlateā€ boat). But you may have more motivation to try and talk to Ford to see if they can change the order date. You have a confirmation email for your order which shows them you tried to make it happen in February.

Good luck my man.
Thanks! Iā€™m going to call them and see what they say. Iā€™m just mostly disappointed because I really want to get the build estimate, even if it tells me June 2022 I just want to have a date so I can get a better grasp on how aggressively to start saving for my down payment, ya know?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kelly, I don't think it will make that much difference. My res date is 10/04 also, and I wholly expect mine to be a '22 delivered in late spring. early summer if I'm lucky.. That means my dealer will contact me again when the '22 order banks open, and we'll start all over again. I'm thinking that your 03/20 order date would only affect you if your Bronco was going to be built in the first 3 months of '21 production. This is all predicated on the fact that I understand your question correctly

OP
OP
youseriousclark

youseriousclark

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kelly, I don't think it will make that much difference. My res date is 10/04 also, and I wholly expect mine to be a '22 delivered in late spring. early summer if I'm lucky.. That means my dealer will contact me again when the '22 order banks open, and we'll start all over again. I'm thinking that your 03/20 order date would only affect you if your Bronco was going to be built in the first 3 months of '21 production. This is all predicated on the fact that I understand your question correctly
Thanks! Yeah you totally got it, I guess I just didnā€™t know if the order cutoff date would affect more down the line than just the first 3 months of production. I feel more at peace now, lol.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah you totally got it, I guess I just didnā€™t know if the order cutoff date would affect more down the line than just the first 3 months of production. I feel more at peace now, lol.
Good deal Kelly. Since we're both a 10/04 res. I'll buy you a Coke if we're there at the same time. :)

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good morning everyone!

I placed an in-store order back on 2/13, got the confirmation email almost immediately so I figured all was well. A few days later I realized my Ford account was still showing just the reservation, and brought this to the attention of my dealer who claimed it was an issue on Fordā€˜s end and they were waiting to get it fixed.

After weeks of going back and forth and learning on here that it needed to be fixed on the dealers end, they finally resolved the issue. Except now my order date says 3/20/21, 1 day after the cutoff. I am pissed. Is there any way I can either have Ford or my dealer change the time stamp to reflect me doing everything right on my part and actually having my order in weeks ago?! I am looking to you guys from now on because I have little confidence left in my dealer.

Thanks!

Edit: My reservation date is 10/4. I know this means I most likely wonā€™t be getting it until AT LEAST the end of this year but probably next year, so now Iā€™m wondering if the cutoff date would affect my place in line at all?

Edit 2: Think I got my answers, friends. With my later res date, the cutoff date shouldnā€™t affect much for me. I feel a lot better now, hello anxiety! o_O
Look at the bright side. Youā€™re probably the first order for 3/20
Sponsored