Sponsored

Confirmed order, can anything be changed?

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good morning. I ordered on Monday and got confirmed in minutes. However, I have a feeling from the preview picture that it was not ordered with the mod bumper but the capable bumper. I want the mod bumper, but can live with the capable bumper. That said, is it too late to change? Should I leave well enough alone because it might mess with my place in line? Not that it has a chance of getting built any time soon. Any way, thanks for any insight, and I apologize of this topic is played, I reviewed recent topics before posting.
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not a problem at all to amend the order. Contact your dealer, request the change and then ask for a copy of the new DORA reflecting the change as well as change in price. Make sure both parties sign the DORA. You will not “lose” your place in line.

OP
OP

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great. Thanks for your quick reply.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No issues making changes up until you actually are scheduled and received a VIN. It may annoy your sales rep a bit but thats okay. Some small changes can even be made post VIN but that is another topic.

Anytime you place an order or make a change your dealer should be sending you a copy of your DORA so you can confirm said changes as well as your priority code.

OP
OP

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

changes that are minor (don't change body codes) are the easiest to make.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a feeling from the preview picture that it was not ordered with the mod bumper but the capable bumper.
2 things:

Rule #1 ... Never trust the Ford website, at all, ever, on anything.

and

B.) Check your DORA first before you go all ballistic on your sales guy. Whatever the DORA says, that is what will get built, ...BUT... as noted, you can change as needed prior to receiving a VIN and build date.

While I'm thinking about it, very carefully and thoroughly build your rig in the Build and price and then print it out. Use it as a checklist at the dealer.

Be sure to get a copy of the DORA as soon as you can after ordering. Sometimes the dealer receives it immediately after submitting the order, sometimes it may take a few hours or a day.

You should be able to check your current DORA by now, ask the dealer for it.

OP
OP

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for all the advice. I was able to make the change and we are good. Going to get the DORA tomorrow to double check everything.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some small changes can even be made post VIN but that is another topic.
Shoot you can?? I’m assuming that’s like add floor mats or bags not like add towing package.

What about roof rack?

My build date is right around the corner so I’m not going to mess with anything at this point. More just curious and for others who might see this.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shoot you can?? I’m assuming that’s like add floor mats or bags not like add towing package.

What about roof rack?

My build date is right around the corner so I’m not going to mess with anything at this point. More just curious and for others who might see this.
You should be able to add/make changes to options that don't impact the VIN, are not constrained and before the window sticker has been issued. Some changes are easy while others may require the dealers rep getting involved (and will likely only do so if the dealer made a mistake).

@mcinfantry added Squatch (before it was constrained and he already had a BL)
@GunBoat3746 added high package
@PC Austin added tow (private thread so no link)
@StyleGuy changed paint color and the interior on his FE (again, private thread so no link)

Just have your dealer go into WBDO and give it a try.