Sponsored

Can our dealership order a different grill?

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Big Bend and would like the Black Diamond grill. If i'm having trouble finding a swap, can the dealer just order one for me?
Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested too. BL and want WT.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same here. Big Bend and want black diamond grill.

Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any factory ordered grill will come "paint ready" so you will have to get it painted and switch over your camera if equipped. At the end of the day, unless you want a different look, painting is the better option.

Mg

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WT does not come painted nor with letters. Better off to have your BL repainted by a good body shop.
Damn, this kind of kills my idea for wanting to swap from a OBX grill to WT.

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I inquired about this with a couple ford parts sites. I was looking for a badlands grille and came across some part numbers. Looks like a there's separate part number for not only the grilles but whether you have the front camera or not. The link below is for the one I was trying to determine if it is correctly for the badlands with the camera. Problem is everyone I've reached out to says it's on backorder with no ETA. I assume that's because Ford is saving them all for new builds but I'm hesitant to order with no idea when it would get delivered and if it's even the right part.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Fo...RILLE---RADIATOR/103418014/M2DZ8200EAPTM.html

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT does not come painted nor with letters. Better off to have your BL repainted by a good body shop.
I thought the wildtrak grill is painted gloss black with white letters?

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the wildtrak grill is painted gloss black with white letters?
Going too fast. Realized you meant that’s how it comes from the parts department. Thanks.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going too fast. Realized you meant that’s how it comes from the parts department. Thanks.
Yes. Ford parts with a suffix of -*PTM means it's "paint to match" item. Ford p/n system is a prefix like MB3Z, base/group number (usually related to the system, 7000 group is transmission) then suffix. MB3Z-18124-E is a Bronco Badlands, 4d, 2.7, auto with tow, front shock. The rear group is 18125. Groups will generally be the same across most Ford vehicle lines, prefix relate to the vehicle, suffix is more specific to options.

Sorry for the off topic explanation, just wanted to put it out there for anyone buying body parts to watch out for the -*PTM so they know it will have to be painted and account for the additional cost when budgeting.

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Ford parts with a suffix of -*PTM means it's "paint to match" item. Ford p/n system is a prefix like MB3Z, base/group number (usually related to the system, 7000 group is transmission) then suffix. MB3Z-18124-E is a Bronco Badlands, 4d, 2.7, auto with tow, front shock. The rear group is 18125. Groups will generally be the same across most Ford vehicle lines, prefix relate to the vehicle, suffix is more specific to options.

Sorry for the off topic explanation, just wanted to put it out there for anyone buying body parts to watch out for the -*PTM so they know it will have to be painted and account for the additional cost when budgeting.
I didn't realize that either. Someone posted the below part numbers in another thread. Looks like all the grille part numbers end in PTM. Does that mean any grille that you would order is essentially coming unfinished? Might be better off just finding someone to swap grilles with at that point.

Ford Bronco Can our dealership order a different grill? grille1

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize that either. Someone posted the below part numbers in another thread. Looks like all the grille part numbers end in PTM. Does that mean any grille that you would order is essentially coming unfinished? Might be better off just finding someone to swap grilles with at that point.

Ford Bronco Can our dealership order a different grill? grille1
Yes, that’s what is being said. Any grill will need to be painted.

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well looks like you may be in the market for a Wildtrak grille and me for a Badlands one. I believe we bumped into each other in the Chapman thread a few weeks back and we both have a build week of 12/13. Any chance you got the front camera on your build? Maybe Chapman can just swap them for us :LOL:
Sponsored