Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone:

So, it's been a long, fun journey with the Bronco journey and for me, it has ended. We recently acquired a 2010 Ford Explorer Limited from a good friend of ours for a price that we'd have to be crazy to turn down. That means, that we'd have no use for a new Bronco at this point. As cool as it would've been, it wouldn't have made sense to add another vehicle to our stable. This means we canceled our order for our Bronco Wildtrak.

Now I'm going to tell the long story. If your in a hurry, the above is just a summary and tells everything that is below bit not as long.

1 month after the Bronco was released, we reserved a Base 2-Door. Our plans was to get a bare-bones Basesquatch. That was when we all expected that we would be getting our Broncos soon. Two months later, we ended up moving after living in New Mexico for 14 years. Everyone knows how that goes. We ended up canceling our reservation and moving on.

When the Bronco Raptor came out, I received an email saying, Be the first to Reserve a Bronco Raptor. I thought, no I'll pass. Literally the fay later, I get an email saying, "Here's your 2022 Ford Bronco Base!". I thought, but we canceled our reservation. I don't know how that order got submitted, and I know we didn't authorize it, so I called our dealer up and he said he doesn't know what happened either. The order sheet showed a Bronco Base tht wasn't optioned with anything. Not one single option. After thinking about it, we decided to roll with the flow, and reordered it to be a Basesquatch.

Then the Hoss 3.0 came out. I don't know how we went from a bare-bones Basesquatch to a fully loaded Wildtrak but it happened.

Fast forward to yesterday. Our Grandfather's good friend, was finally wanting to sell his fully loaded 2010 Ford Explorer Limited. He offered it to my grandfather for too good of a price, and our grandfather bought it for us and said here, here's your new car. This isn't even the first time he's done that for us, as that is another story about our 2020 F150 Raptor. We were as surprised as ever, and began thinking, what are we going to do with 4 vehicles if the Bronco comes in. We ended up deciding to cancel the order. On a end note, it's been a fun journey and even though it's the end of the road for me, I'll still be a part of the amazing Bronco6g.

I'd like to thank Capitol Ford for being so good to us, so good they were going to honor A-plan for a Bronco to us. I recommend them highly, so much that they're in a different state then me and I ordered the Bronco with them.

Hope that all made sense!

Thanks!

IMG_0105~2.jpg
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on the new to you ride. However, you should have kept the WT order as well. You could have optioned it up to guarantee late delivery or possibly even MY24 delivery. Look how much you changed your mind on your order the past year, a lot more can change in the next year too.

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But did you get your $100 fully refundable deposit back?

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm not even sure how those two vehicles enter the same conversation. I like both of them, but if you're happy with the Explorer INSTEAD of the Bronco, then you've definitely made the right decision as the Bronco would not be even remotely the same.

edit - ok I re-read and see you have a 2020 Raptor, now I understand not getting the Bronco a little more.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So make sure you come back and post pics after the lift and 35" tires are installed. ;)

Just kidding, life happens, enjoy what you can while you can and be happy at the end of the day!

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone:

So, it's been a long, fun journey with the Bronco journey and for me, it has ended. We recently acquired a 2010 Ford Explorer Limited from a good friend of ours for a price that we'd have to be crazy to turn down. That means, that we'd have no use for a new Bronco at this point. As cool as it would've been, it wouldn't have made sense to add another vehicle to our stable. This means we canceled our order for our Bronco Wildtrak.

Now I'm going to tell the long story. If your in a hurry, the above is just a summary and tells everything that is below bit not as long.

1 month after the Bronco was released, we reserved a Base 2-Door. Our plans was to get a bare-bones Basesquatch. That was when we all expected that we would be getting our Broncos soon. Two months later, we ended up moving after living in New Mexico for 14 years. Everyone knows how that goes. We ended up canceling our reservation and moving on.

When the Bronco Raptor came out, I received an email saying, Be the first to Reserve a Bronco Raptor. I thought, no I'll pass. Literally the fay later, I get an email saying, "Here's your 2022 Ford Bronco Base!". I thought, but we canceled our reservation. I don't know how that order got submitted, and I know we didn't authorize it, so I called our dealer up and he said he doesn't know what happened either. The order sheet showed a Bronco Base tht wasn't optioned with anything. Not one single option. After thinking about it, we decided to roll with the flow, and reordered it to be a Basesquatch.

Then the Hoss 3.0 came out. I don't know how we went from a bare-bones Basesquatch to a fully loaded Wildtrak but it happened.

Fast forward to yesterday. Our Grandfather's good friend, was finally wanting to sell his fully loaded 2010 Ford Explorer Limited. He offered it to my grandfather for too good of a price, and our grandfather bought it for us and said here, here's your new car. This isn't even the first time he's done that for us, as that is another story about our 2020 F150 Raptor. We were as surprised as ever, and began thinking, what are we going to do with 4 vehicles if the Bronco comes in. We ended up deciding to cancel the order. On a end note, it's been a fun journey and even though it's the end of the road for me, I'll still be a part of the amazing Bronco6g.

I'd like to thank Capitol Ford for being so good to us, so good they were going to honor A-plan for a Bronco to us. I recommend them highly, so much that they're in a different state then me and I ordered the Bronco with them.

Hope that all made sense!

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Ive canceled our order IMG_0105~2
Sounds like with the Raptor, you still have a beast in the stable. I hope your at peace with the whole ordeal.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck with it. We just gave away our 07 Ironman, beautiful rig in fantastic shape but it was nothing but problems and eventually we had to cauterize the bleeding.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, if Grandpappy bought you a 2020 Raptor, you couldn’t get him to to buy you a 2023 WT?

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya I woulda chose the 2010 explorer too. Why spend 60k when you can get something better for 4k…..
What? Have you seen the capability of a 250 HP Explorer? Itll beat the crap out of the Bronco.

In all seriousness, if we didn't have the Raptor we would've kept the Woldtrak order.

I'm not even sure how those two vehicles enter the same conversation. I like both of them, but if you're happy with the Explorer INSTEAD of the Bronco, then you've definitely made the right decision as the Bronco would not be even remotely the same.

edit - ok I re-read and see you have a 2020 Raptor, now I understand not getting the Bronco a little more.
Yah If it wasn't for the Raptor a Bronco would be still ordered....and more desperately pursued.

So make sure you come back and post pics after the lift and 35" tires are installed. ;)

Just kidding, life happens, enjoy what you can while you can and be happy at the end of the day!
Hahaha. Yah, no, we're planning 37s. Jk.
Sponsored