Jph014

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500, 2020 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So with all these folks claiming they are canceling, what does that do for those of us that wait? Does the dealership retain that Bronco? Could someone who didn’t even place an order happen by and way over pay and get it before those of us that did? Do the supposed cancellations move the patient up the list? Inquiring minds would like to know...
Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with all these folks claiming they are canceling, what does that do for those of us that wait? Does the dealership retain that Bronco? Could someone who didn’t even place an order happen by and way over pay and get it before those of us that did? Do the supposed cancellations move the patient up the list? Inquiring minds would like to know...
Reservations/orders that are canceled before a vin is assigned are essentially non-existent. Orders have a VIN assigned but haven't started building, I assume can be canceled and removed from the queue. Allowing the allocation to be reassigned to a different order Orders that are delivered to the dealer but the customer walks before purchase become dealer stock.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cancelled mine and my dealership simply returned my deposit. I was told I could change my mind right up until another customer wants to buy it after it arrives there. They told me I would see all of the order updates and just ignore them. It would seem if they cancelled an order, it would mess up their allocation.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I cancelled mine and my dealership simply returned my deposit. I was told I could change my mind right up until another customer wants to buy it after it arrives there. They told me I would see all of the order updates and just ignore them. It would seem if they cancelled an order, it would mess up their allocation.
And with the allowance of 20% of orders not matching reservation holder before a penalty is incurred by the dealer, all cancelled orders will continue to be built/delivered. No one is moving up in the line.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May I ask why you cancelled instead of just waiting until 2022? Did you get something else?

Also, if we ask our dealers to change our priority code to 99, do we still get price protection for 2022s at this point, or do we have to be kicked down the line into 2022 due to constraints for that to happen?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And with the allowance of 20% of orders not matching reservation holder before a penalty is incurred by the dealer, all cancelled orders will continue to be built/delivered. No one is moving up in the line.
With the topless disaster Ford has going on, it wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually remove the 20% penalty if a customer cancelled the order.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you guys read the fine print in yesterday’s email the dealership will still get the canceled order to sell on the lot. if you cancel they will still build that bronco a d just sell it on the lot.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So basically Ford started out on the side of the consumer saying our Reservation was our key.

And slowly they have back stabbed us, pissed us off so that they can backpedal everything and give all the benefits back to the dealer.

Hell they even canceled the X plan which was the only tool we had to not get bent over by the dealer.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, if we ask our dealers to change our priority code to 99, do we still get price protection for 2022s at this point, or do we have to be kicked down the line into 2022 due to constraints for that to happen?
If your order was placed by the March order cutoff date (it was the 13th I think) then you have price protection. So choosing code 99 to wait for MY22 you would still have MY21 pricing.

All orders placed after that will be priced according to the year. So asking for a code 99 would get you MY22 pricing.

if you cancel they will still build that bronco and just sell it on the lot.
This ^^^

I think a lot of people are going to be really really pissed as more and more Broncos keep popping up for sale around the country.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If your order was placed by the March order cutoff date (it was the 13th I think) then you have price protection. So choosing code 99 to wait for MY22 you would still have MY21 pricing.

All orders placed after that will be priced according to the year. So asking for a code 99 would get you MY22 pricing.
This is what my dealer said when I 99’d. Of course if I switch to a Heritage, that protection is no more.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This ^^^

I think a lot of people are going to be really really pissed as more and more Broncos keep popping up for sale around the country.
I plan on sticking with my order but have started to look at other vehicles I like the jeep gladiators and seen some great deals on Mojave and rubicon but I just can’t bring myself to buy a keep cause of the quality. I a,so really like the Acura MDx With a spec package saw a type s is coming out too. If I were to buy a car it would probably be the new Acura type s coming out in June. But once again I will stick to my bronco order . There’s just nothing else like the bronco in my eyes

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on sticking with my order but have started to look at other vehicles I like the jeep gladiators and seen some great deals on Mojave and rubicon but I just can’t bring myself to buy a keep cause of the quality. I a,so really like the Acura MDx With a spec package saw a type s is coming out too. If I were to buy a car it would probably be the new Acura type s coming out in June. But once again I will stick to my bronco order . There’s just nothing else like the bronco in my eyes
Personally, I don't like how the gladiator looks. So I'd pass on that truck.

The new type s coming out looks pretty nice. Only 2000 being made for this year though.

Stick with Bronco.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally, I don't like how the gladiator looks. So I'd pass on that truck.

The new type s coming out looks pretty nice. Only 2000 being made for this year though.

Stick with Bronco.
Yeah I’m sticking with my bronco my current vehicle is in great shape 2013 vw gti that just had service done only 40000 miles so I can afford to wait. I just look at other stuff to pass the time while I wait for my bronco lol

Last edited: