Sponsored

What happens to Unordered First Editions?

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
At Honda when they brought back the Honda Civic type R we added 18k on top of MSRP before we added every possible feature and add on in the magazine to it. I think we sold that thing for around 60k, mind you that the civic type R was only a 35k car. So I can easily see 30k with every dealer option being added and just sky rocketing the price. Then some one will buy it and it’ll become a trailer Queen/garage ornament until it’s sold in a auction for triple the buying price.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two scenarios that always get mixed up whenever this topic is brought up.

Either:
  1. The FE reservation holder doesn't convert to an order -OR-
  2. The FE reservation holder does convert to an order but backs out before taking delivery
In scenario 2, it seems obvious that the dealer scores a vehicle they can sell with an ADM.

It's scenario 1 that the OP seemed to be asking about and is still in question. Does Ford let some pleb ascend the mountaintop and switch to an FE order or do they simply make less than 7000?

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked if someone backed out on an order if the dealer might call someone later in line and give them a chance to buy it and was told NO . It will go on the dealers lot at a preminum :(
A bit squirrley.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Based off the response I have seen about the Navy Pier interior, they may have to sell them below invoice ?
That’s how I got my Jeep, nobody wanted a Jeep with A Dragon Tattoo. So, the dealers all cut the prices. I got a great deal, sold it 3 years later for almost what I paid for it.

OP
OP
Exothermic

Exothermic

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2010 Raptor, 2018 TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are two scenarios that always get mixed up whenever this topic is brought up.

Either:
  2. The FE reservation holder does convert to an order but backs out before taking delivery
In scenario 2, it seems obvious that the dealer scores a vehicle they can sell with an ADM.

It's scenario 1 that the OP seemed to be asking about and is still in question. Does Ford let some pleb ascend the mountaintop and switch to an FE order or do they simply make less than 7000?

Either:

I hope Ford would ask those with the earliest reservations first if they want to upgrade. I would still pass on a FE as I cant spend that much on a second vehicle, but it would be tempting.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At Honda when they brought back the Honda Civic type R we added 18k on top of MSRP before we added every possible feature and add on in the magazine to it. I think we sold that thing for around 60k, mind you that the civic type R was only a 35k car. So I can easily see 30k with every dealer option being added and just sky rocketing the price. Then some one will buy it and it’ll become a trailer Queen/garage ornament until it’s sold in a auction for triple the buying price.
how long you think i have to hold it to triple my money?:unsure:

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What will happen to any First Editions that are reserved, but don’t end up being ordered? Will the total number just be lower, or will Ford allow others to reserve one after the ordering window is closed?
They are like airline seats, they were probably oversold. :)
Sponsored