Sponsored

Just canceled Granger order (719th in line).

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Base, but really should have gone Black Diamond. Sent a build list to my dealer, nothing major added (auto, roof rails). It's got the rear locking diff. and skid plates I have been sourcing since I realized my error. I feel so much better now, true, the Granger was 2k under MSRP, but sometime in 2024/25? No thanks.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel ya. I'm not a Granger, but I do have a couple 'stand by' orders at other dealers as I'm a late reservation/order at my first dealer.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel ya. I'm not a Granger, but I do have a couple 'stand by' orders at other dealers as I'm a late reservation/order at my first dealer.
Fortunately I have the Base to get me through. 3/14/20 res., delivered 9/28/2021. Any Bronco is just hands above anything else I have ever driven on dirt.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, that comment that the Ford CEO made about dealers should have known better than to work outside their allocation was total BS and a dick move.

Someone should have called him on that and reminded him that Ford originally said reservations are what mattered not allocations.

I feel really bad for Grainger and for all the folks that have a long line. The only good thing I can think of is that by the time some people get their Broncos, Ford would hopefully have fixed a lot of the issues.

Personally I have an invoice deal, but when you crunch the numbers we're only talking a couple thousand at most. I too sometimes feel like it's just not worth the extra wait, But I'm constantly reminded by reading this board, how unready and incapable Ford really is on building the Bronco properly.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base, but really should have gone Black Diamond. Sent a build list to my dealer, nothing major added (auto, roof rails). It's got the rear locking diff. and skid plates I have been sourcing since I realized my error. I feel so much better now, true, the Granger was 2k under MSRP, but sometime in 2024/25? No thanks.
Are the lack of skids and locker the only thing you dislike about the base?

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that comment that the Ford CEO made about dealers should have known better than to work outside their allocation was total BS and a dick move.

Someone should have called him on that and reminded him that Ford originally said reservations are what mattered not allocations.

I feel really bad for Grainger and for all the folks that have a long line. The only good thing I can think of is that by the time some people get their Broncos, Ford would hopefully have fixed a lot of the issues.

Personally I have an invoice deal, but when you crunch the numbers we're only talking a couple thousand at most. I too sometimes feel like it's just not worth the extra wait, But I'm constantly reminded by reading this board, how unready and incapable Ford really is on building the Bronco properly.
What do you think Ford is going to fix in the next year or two that is going make them any better? They haven’t built any sufficient numbers to date, let alone had any time to make significant design or manufacturing updates.
I think it’s going to basically be the same Bronco for many years.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What date was your Grangetober reservation that put you at 719th?

I have a Oct 31st res, but I already have my Base to hold me over, so I am in no hurry.
If my local dealers won't play ball with invoice pricing, I'll stay with Granger for the second res.

I sometimes think to challenge myself to get this one paid off before my number comes up at Granger, LOL!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What date was your Grangetober reservation that put you at 719th?

I have a Oct 31st res, but I already have my Base to hold me over, so I am in no hurry.
If my local dealers won't play ball with invoice pricing, I'll stay with Granger for the second res.

I sometimes think to challenge myself to get this one paid off before my number comes up at Granger, LOL!
I read a article that owner of Granger said they have 1300 reservations and if Ford keeps with they way they doing dealer allocations it well take them 8 years to fill all 1300 reservations so it might be some time before you see it.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are the lack of skids and locker the only thing you dislike about the base?
I love my Base. I mean that I love my Base. Did I say that I love my Base? Base is just the city slicker’s Base while the Black Diamond is the off-roader’s Base. Once I did the Off-Rodeo I realized that, yes, I can go up that gnarly hill!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I for one appreciate the fact you canceled. Moves me up one spot. I ordered a BS BS to hold me over and help Granger with allocations. I’m hoping for ‘24. Maybe I’ll find something else as I wait but I’m planning on supporting Granger no matter what.

As mentioned, it isn’t the 2k as much as it is the principle of it.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Like you, I had the same deal. As a reminder, the pricing really wasn’t known when dealer commitments were made and subsequently, trust, whether it be at or below MSRP, of the dealer has become paramount as the $1,500-$2,000 difference is not a deal breaker, but ADM is.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm confused. You have a Bronco already? Did you get the first one from Granger? Or was the Granger order you cancelled always meant to be for a second Bronco? Was it your second reservation? When were the dates for your reservations?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What do you think Ford is going to fix in the next year or two that is going make them any better? They haven’t built any sufficient numbers to date, let alone had any time to make significant design or manufacturing updates.
I think it’s going to basically be the same Bronco for many years.
Well I'm hoping that Ford fixes some of the design flaws like their weak steering, carpet on the back of their seat, camera that gets blocked with a winch.. But moreover, I would expect them to get their assembly act together and learn to put together the Bronco correctly. You know, like do your job and make sure connectors are actually snapped together all the way and wires are click above drive lines, axles are fully treated, seats and taillights match... You know, basic quality stuff.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm confused. You have a Bronco already? Did you get the first one from Granger? Or was the Granger order you cancelled always meant to be for a second Bronco? Was it your second reservation? When were the dates for your reservations?
I have and love the Base model, ordered through my local dealer for 500 below MSRP. Once I went to the Off-Roadeo, I saw that I could go up those trails that just looked too tough. I had a second reservation way before my Base was delivered as a backup, and who doesn't want 2k off of MSRP. My first res. was day one. Second was March 2021. Once I had the Base, I realized that I really did want the Black Diamond. Going to order that through a local dealer, probably Two Rivers Ford, or my original, Miracle Ford in Gallatin, TN. i have since moved to Nashville, so who knows? Might be Beaman of Dickson as long as I get MSRP. Something rare these days as most new cars of any make are going for over MSRP, Toyota, GM, or whatever.
Sponsored