Sponsored

Just canceled Granger order (719th in line).

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I'm hoping that Ford fixes some of the design flaws like their weak steering, carpet on the back of their seat, camera that gets blocked with a winch.. But moreover, I would expect them to get their assembly act together and learn to put together the Bronco correctly. You know, like do your job and make sure connectors are actually snapped together all the way and wires are click above drive lines, axles are fully treated, seats and taillights match... You know, basic quality stuff.
Unfortunately until you find people that actually give a shit about what they are doing you are still going to have assembly issues. It part of a larger problem of people not caring about anything but themselves and not taking pride in what they do. I’ll say so far my bronco has been nearly perfect since I got it. Two front TPS errors that went away. Build and paint quality is what I would expect. The engineering is very good which is the truly important thing. Very solid rattle free platform. Steers and drives very nice.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP- you mean $2k below invoice for Granger right? Not $2k under MSRP.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What date was your Grangetober reservation that put you at 719th?

I have a Oct 31st res, but I already have my Base to hold me over, so I am in no hurry.
If my local dealers won't play ball with invoice pricing, I'll stay with Granger for the second res.

I sometimes think to challenge myself to get this one paid off before my number comes up at Granger, LOL!
3/19. Glad you got your Base. I guess I could have just let it ride, but I had one of those moments.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately until you find people that actually give a shit about what they are doing you are still going to have assembly issues. It part of a larger problem of people not caring about anything but themselves and not taking pride in what they do. I’ll say so far my bronco has been nearly perfect since I got it. Two front TPS errors that went away. Build and paint quality is what I would expect. The engineering is very good which is the truly important thing. Very solid rattle free platform. Steers and drives very nice.
If they got paid more they would care more, that’s how shit works. That’s why you get fast food that is poorly made or garbage.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP- you mean $2k below invoice for Granger right? Not $2k under MSRP.
Either way, OP said March reservation, which was $1k under invoice. Only the October reservations were $2k under invoice.🤔

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, that comment that the Ford CEO made about dealers should have known better than to work outside their allocation was total BS and a dick move.

Someone should have called him on that and reminded him that Ford originally said reservations are what mattered not allocations.

I feel really bad for Grainger and for all the folks that have a long line. The only good thing I can think of is that by the time some people get their Broncos, Ford would hopefully have fixed a lot of the issues.

Personally I have an invoice deal, but when you crunch the numbers we're only talking a couple thousand at most. I too sometimes feel like it's just not worth the extra wait, But I'm constantly reminded by reading this board, how unready and incapable Ford really is on building the Bronco properly.
It truly is a joke!

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fortunately I have the Base to get me through. 3/14/20 res., delivered 9/28/2021. Any Bronco is just hands above anything else I have ever driven on dirt.
You mean 7/13/20 reservation, correct? Because that was the first date you could reserve...

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they got paid more they would care more, that’s how shit works. That’s why you get fast food that is poorly made or garbage.
Fast food joints in NY pay $17/hr. If you can’t serve proper fast food for $17/hr you don’t deserve a job.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s cute. Have you seen the cost of living lately?
Yeah, I am living it. You’re not saying $17/hr is not enough to flip burgers at McDonald’s, are you?

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy off the rails Batman.

I'm with OP, placed a new order at a top 10 dealer. New dealer said they have 140 orders total and the allocation to build vs 600+ ahead of me in Iowa.

As much as I love Granger, It'll be a race to a VIN and winner gets my dollars

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

270th in line at Granger & at 10 per month delivered to them I am having second thoughts, but if I was in OPs position I would've cancelled easily.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s a joke right? They get paid 20-30 dollars an hour plus benefits. What exactly would you think they should get paid?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel for you OP and understand why you've done it. I'm at Stephens and in a little better shape, but it is still going to be the better part of this year for me. I've had second thoughts about even getting a Bronco at this point.
Sponsored