Sponsored

Just canceled Granger order (719th in line).

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, I am living it. You’re not saying $17/hr is not enough to flip burgers at McDonald’s, are you?
I’m 1000% saying that. Go check McDonald’s yearly profits and get back to me.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love my Base. I mean that I love my Base. Did I say that I love my Base? Base is just the city slicker’s Base while the Black Diamond is the off-roader’s Base. Once I did the Off-Rodeo I realized that, yes, I can go up that gnarly hill!
If you truly want a better off-roader, a Base sass costs less than the BD non/sas (auto), and gives you lockers front and rear, better axles, 35's, a little better gearing, and a better suspension/lift. You can add the Mod bumper and bashplates to the Base for not much more. Then you'd even be able to label the BD non/sas as the "city slicker's Base".

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my Base. I mean that I love my Base. Did I say that I love my Base? Base is just the city slicker’s Base while the Black Diamond is the off-roader’s Base. Once I did the Off-Rodeo I realized that, yes, I can go up that gnarly hill!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either way, OP said March reservation, which was $1k under invoice. Only the October reservations were $2k under invoice.🤔
I believe so yes. We got our first order for $1300 below invoice and the 2nd order is the $2k below invoice (waiting on MOD top which is why I placed 2 orders).

Sponsored
OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe so yes. We got our first order for $1300 below invoice and the 2nd order is the $2k below invoice (waiting on MOD top which is why I placed 2 orders).
Granger came back and did a second round of 2k below orders, my dates might be off. That might be the actual order date, not res. date. My hair is almost as white as my beard.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s a joke right? They get paid 20-30 dollars an hour plus benefits. What exactly would you think they should get paid?
Not a joke. Ford profited $19 billion in 2021, and would have profited $0 without their workers.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a joke. Ford profited $19 billion in 2021, and would have profited $0 without their workers.
Still didn’t answer my question. What do you think they should get paid if 20-30 plus benefits isn’t enough.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, Fords gross profit was around $19 billion globally in 2021, half of which came from them selling their stake in Rivian. Their net income for 2021 was less than $2.9 billion or about 2% of their revenue.

For comparison's sake, net income for 2020 was -$1.3 billion (-1%) and 2019 was about $0.05 billion (<1%).

I am curious though, If you were able to give Ford employees (or McDonalds employees) the raises you are advocating for, how much of that wage increase would you allow to be passed on to the consumer and how much would come out of the company's profit?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, Fords gross profit was around $19 billion globally in 2021, half of which came from them selling their stake in Rivian. Their net income for 2021 was less than $2.9 billion or about 2% of their revenue.

For comparison's sake, net income for 2020 was -$1.3 billion (-1%) and 2019 was about $0.05 billion (<1%).

I am curious though, If you were able to give Ford employees (or McDonalds employees) the raises you are advocating for, how much of that wage increase would you allow to be passed on to the consumer and how much would come out of the company's profit?
Those blessed with logic and reason have pondered these ideas of a utopian worker’s paradise and quickly moved on.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Personally I wouldn’t pass any price raises to consumers. I know most of these companies are corporations though who’s actions are quite often out of the control of their founders. Profit over people 100% of the time.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s cute. Have you seen the cost of living lately?
If they got paid more they would care more, that’s how shit works. That’s why you get fast food that is poorly made or garbage.
There are many people that share your apparent mindset. But unfortunately it's just not true. There has been studies after studies, and a person's pay rate has very little impact on their work ethics.

In addition, minimum wage jobs are just that. They're minimum wage and we're never designed to buy a house and raise a family of four on. If someone wants more money, and the ability to be successful, you need to learn a skill.

I used to work at McDonald's, when I was 16, and got paid $6.25 an hour.
And back then, I actually had to do math and figure out change. Now you can completely be an idiot and work there.

Somewhere along the lines, the masses have decided that it is anyone else's responsibility (But their own) to make sure they can buy everything they want without having to improve their skills.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are many people that share your apparent mindset. But unfortunately it's just not true. There has been studies after studies, and a person's pay rate has very little impact on their work ethics.

In addition, minimum wage jobs are just that. They're minimum wage and we're never designed to buy a house and raise a family of four on. If someone wants more money, and the ability to be successful, you need to learn a skill.

I used to work at McDonald's, when I was 16, and got paid $6.25 an hour.
And back then, I actually had to do math and figure out change. Now you can completely be an idiot and work there.

Somewhere along the lines, the masses have decided that it is anyone else's responsibility (But their own) to make sure they can buy everything they want without having to improve their skills.
Lmao the old it isn't a job for adults just one to exploit teenage labor. Sorry I value people’s lives over billions in corporate profits. I’m done with this though, I don’t get on this forum to waste my time arguing about politics.
Sponsored