Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG 4dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks great, but there is no perfect option for me yet as I have the 360 degree camera.
im getting the bodyguard baja winch bumper for that reason it comes with a camera relocation as well as the adaptive cruise relocation ill just have to get the cruise calibrated after
Sponsored

axpmonkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How the heck did you mount the high mount winch to the capable bumper? Did you have to cut the bumper? I can't figure it out from the pictures, but am super interested.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im getting the bodyguard baja winch bumper for that reason it comes with a camera relocation as well as the adaptive cruise relocation ill just have to get the cruise calibrated after
Raw fish, did you end up getting this bumper?

I'm wondering how the ACC works after the install

RawrFish

Badlands
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG 4dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raw fish, did you end up getting this bumper?

I'm wondering how the ACC works after the install
I have not go it yet my plan is to put the order in by end of next month or beginning of march waiting on year end bonus and taxes to come in for bronco upgrades

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adding Mabett's entry into the lineup as someone in his FB group did a direct bolt-on swap with the factory tow hooks. Looks like both the original and his updated design would both work. Seems like a solid option if you don't wanna cut any plastics (I think?). Downside is you give up the large factory tow hooks and have to get d-rings

Sponsored
OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can confirm Mabett’s winch mount v2 will fit on a Capable Bumper

Installation is basically the same as for the Modular Bumper, but you do have trim off a bit of the plastic covers that go around the mounting brackets

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options 22ADC914-D91F-4F40-97E7-717FCD48B877

Last edited:

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I went the cheap route with ebay one. Fit great, sits lower than the RC High Mount. Of course partially blocks the camera and the sensors. Will do some realtor extended wiring and fab up some relocations under the tray

20230619_165509.jpg

20230619_165516.jpg

uprcase

Badlands
First Name
Cayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco / 2022 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford just posted about the Bronco they are donating and it's rocking a capable bumper winch mount. Does anyone know if it's an aftermarket option or a future Ford accessory option?

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_8800
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_8799

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed my JCR Offroad winch plate for the CAPABLE bumper. Went well and nearly similar to what JCR has in their install video. CAUTION, however. Note that if you have the CAPABLE bumper that the electrical portion is incorrect from this video where it shows you need to pull the wiring harness out and cut back the loom to get some slack out enough to extend to the new mounting locations. We had to cut and splice into the three-wire parking/proximity sensor wiring (3-wire) to extend it about 9-inches to get comfortably to the winch plate mounting locations. ALso, you can see why the 2.7 will not allow [easily] for a hidden winch option due to the cooler unit that is in the way and needs relocating.

Job took 4 hours with assistance from my son (mechanic and we used his shop).

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_9488.JPEG
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_9490.JPEG
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_9491.JPEG
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_9492.JPEG
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_9493.JPEG

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with these Capable bumper winch mounts it appears that you trim the plastic bumper caps that hide the bumper mounting bolts am I correct? So is it really just removing the tow rings and bolting on the mount. If a guy wired a connector similar to a plow mount to power the winch I am thinking it would be an option to pull winch off then bolt on tow hooks and have a spare set of plastics when not on off road trips. For the few trips a year could keep winch out of the elements for less wear and tear. Maybe I am crazy but not a big fan of the high mount look and have not found a hidden mount that I like yet.

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So with these Capable bumper winch mounts it appears that you trim the plastic bumper caps that hide the bumper mounting bolts am I correct? So is it really just removing the tow rings and bolting on the mount. If a guy wired a connector similar to a plow mount to power the winch I am thinking it would be an option to pull winch off then bolt on tow hooks and have a spare set of plastics when not on off road trips. For the few trips a year could keep winch out of the elements for less wear and tear. Maybe I am crazy but not a big fan of the high mount look and have not found a hidden mount that I like yet.
Yeah. You could do that. I’m not sure if you can buy the plastic pieces separate from the rest of the bumper, though

HenryGX

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I went the cheap route with ebay one. Fit great, sits lower than the RC High Mount. Of course partially blocks the camera and the sensors. Will do some realtor extended wiring and fab up some relocations under the tray

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options 1688353959739

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options 1688353959739
I like that neat looks!

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that neat looks!
So far it does block the camera a bit. Gotta fab some tabs for the prox sensors. But been looking at ebay full bumpers now with all those features for like $380
Sponsored