Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Inquired to a couple places - apparently that 'Everglades' Warn Winch Kit from Ford (M-1821-B) is on backorder with no ETA.

Part shortage and prioritizing production Everglade units?
Being revised to officially also work with the Capable?
Since Everglades trim cannot be ordered right now, I’m going with parts shortage

For the cost of the Ford kit, I’d get a whole new front bumper, but that’s just me
Sponsored

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't seen it done yet, but the Buckleup buttercup chick has a new mount she's selling that looks like it should work on capable bumper. It's super inexpensive and works with sensors too.

https://buckleupoffroad.com/product...ull-bar-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-modular-bumper
That will 100% fit on capable bumper - I have the one it’s copying, Mabett. That’s a far better price than the Mabett listing and almost what I paid after discounts due to damage. Great find!!

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Everglades trim cannot be ordered right now, I’m going with parts shortage

For the cost of the Ford kit, I’d get a whole new front bumper, but that’s just me
Found it as low as 2300... still a lot but comes with the Zeon 10S.

Nothing impresses in the aftermarket right now. The most promising one isn't that simple with the 2.7 (RCI hidden winch setup).

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the Warn 10s on my capable bumper with the RC High Winch Mount , the only issue is we bent the washers (forgot to put on the spacers like Tricky Dick) when mounting. so went to Ace and bought grade 8 hardware.
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_0573

Sponsored

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

NorthTexasBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outerbanks 4 Door, 2023 Wildtrack 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haven't seen it done yet, but the Buckleup buttercup chick has a new mount she's selling that looks like it should work on capable bumper. It's super inexpensive and works with sensors too.

https://buckleupoffroad.com/product...ull-bar-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-modular-bumper
So an honest review so far is that it is very heavily built with good welds, install instructions could use a little work but if you have decent knowledge of wrenching you will be fine.

The finish is painted, but would probably last a couple of years, with the exception of the painted zinc hardware (the 6 bolts on top the rest is stainless). The beautiful part is that is Adaptive cruise, parking sensors and front camera all work with no issues.

I chose to go with 12k Badlands Apex winch, well because it was easy to get and return if needed. Also I figured if Matt's off-road recovery uses them on their recovery wrecker then it is probably good enough for me. I also looked at Smithy Built and Warn Evo (Evos seem to have issues).

One thing to note is this mount goes around the modular bumper but does not bolt to it. It is instead sandwiches the bumper from the front. I didn't do any frame reinforcement but I probably should, because I could see the amount of leverage being great with the 12k winch.

Only issue I had was the Aluminum Fair lead that came with the winch had to be mounted upside down to clear the sharp bend of the camera mounting bracket.

20230929_095810.jpg

20230928_121145.jpg

20230929_095830.jpg

20230929_095817.jpg

20230928_121144.jpg

20230929_095837.jpg

20230928_120331.jpg

OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So an honest review so far is that it is very heavily built with good welds, install instructions could use a little work but if you have decent knowledge of wrenching you will be fine.

The finish is painted, but would probably last a couple of years, with the exception of the painted zinc hardware (the 6 bolts on top the rest is stainless). The beautiful part is that is Adaptive cruise, parking sensors and front camera all work with no issues.

I chose to go with 12k Badlands Apex winch, well because it was easy to get and return if needed. Also I figured if Matt's off-road recovery uses them on their recovery wrecker then it is probably good enough for me. I also looked at Smithy Built and Warn Evo (Evos seem to have issues).

One thing to note is this mount goes around the modular bumper but does not bolt to it. It is instead sandwiches the bumper from the front. I didn't do any frame reinforcement but I probably should, because I could see the amount of leverage being great with the 12k winch.

Only issue I had was the Aluminum Fair lead that came with the winch had to be mounted upside down to clear the sharp bend of the camera mounting bracket.

20230929_095810.jpg

20230928_121145.jpg

20230929_095830.jpg

20230929_095817.jpg

20230928_121144.jpg

20230929_095837.jpg

20230928_120331.jpg
Great writeup! I'm running an identical setup minus the sensors and camera relocation. I have Tricky Dick's frame horn reinforcements for peace of mind

A heads up to keep an eye on the sensors that are mounted in the winch plate. My passenger side cover for the sensor hole came out at some unknown time and is long gone. I suspect a water crossing claimed it, but I have no idea

Even though wires are attached to the sensors, I'd still be cautious with them because a deep water crossing ripped the entire license plate mount, all of its hardware, and the electrical connection off of my rear bumper

Sponsored

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, any issues noted? Just looking at the design. The Buckle up & Mabett one look exactly the same. Just looks like the Buckle up one is out of stock right now. Planning on gettign this very soon!

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to the list of people curious about what the RC hidden winch install looks like with the Capable bumper. I've seen videos and pictures from over a year ago, but the design is a little different now and the only thing I can get from RC when I ask them why it won't work is "it will not fit". Gee, thanks.
Sponsored