First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know what powder coat color on the RAL color chart is closest to Carbonized Grey on the Bronco? I don't have my bronco yet and I want to have some solid steelies made and powder coated to match before it arrives.
thank you, J
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know what powder coat color on the RAL color chart is closest to Carbonized Grey on the Bronco? I don't have my bronco yet and I want to have some solid steelies made and powder coated to match before it arrives.
thank you, J
Go to Prismatic Powder Coat and see if they can help you out.

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have the vehicle and wanted the wheel done before it arrives so I won't be able to match it up but I'll ask Prismatic as suggested.
If anyone has actually matched this already I'd appreciate knowing what you found to match.
Thank you,

Sponsored

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stumbled upon this post looking for pictures because I'm trying to do the same paint treatment to my Base steel wheels ( when it comes in). I tested some swatches from prismatic powders on my friend's bronco IN PERSON. of the 5 swatches I tested, WROUGHT IRON II was almost an identical match in both color and texture to the hard-top. Hard top is MIC Carbonized Grey, so that's what I plan to go with.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PTB-2683/wrought-iron-ii

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't have the vehicle and wanted the wheel done before it arrives so I won't be able to match it up but I'll ask Prismatic as suggested.
If anyone has actually matched this already I'd appreciate knowing what you found to match.
Thank you,
Stop by your dealer. the CG is a popular color and is offered on every vehicle Ford makes. Good shot they have something on the lot in CG.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Prismatic Powder Coat - Kingsport Gray is pretty damn close.

Photo Nov 10, 8 10 39 AM.jpg

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Prismatic Powder Coat - Kingsport Gray is pretty damn close.

Ford Bronco Carbonized Grey, powder coat color?? Photo Nov 10, 8 10 39 AM
That's the feedback I'm looking for. I appreciate the picture too. Looks just a little lighter but I bet with the wheels not being right up against the body color it looks great.
thanks.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stumbled upon this post looking for pictures because I'm trying to do the same paint treatment to my Base steel wheels ( when it comes in). I tested some swatches from prismatic powders on my friend's bronco IN PERSON. of the 5 swatches I tested, WROUGHT IRON II was almost an identical match in both color and texture to the hard-top. Hard top is MIC Carbonized Grey, so that's what I plan to go with.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PTB-2683/wrought-iron-ii
How did this go for you?

Sponsored

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How did this go for you?
I just picked up a take-off set of black diamond wheels and tires and will be trying this in short order. I will post a picture of the final result. In the mean time, here's a MS Paint mock-up of what I'm trying to accomplish. please hold all compliments on my paint skills. And thank you to the fellow member who posted his rig for this mock up.
Ford Bronco Carbonized Grey, powder coat color?? carb grey steelies

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey y'all - my local powder coating shop is telling me that the "warm alloy" beauty rings are powder coated from the factory and that they have to do a special $25/ring sandblasting to remove before they can put on the Kingsport Gray powder.

It was my understanding that the warm alloy beauty rings are just painted. Am I wrong?

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey y'all - my local powder coating shop is telling me that the "warm alloy" beauty rings are powder coated from the factory and that they have to do a special $25/ring sandblasting to remove before they can put on the Kingsport Gray powder.

It was my understanding that the warm alloy beauty rings are just painted. Am I wrong?
you can powder coat over over another powder coat as long as it's in good condition which I imagine your new rings are.

OP
OP
Jason Sandsux

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model