Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked at a dealership for a couple of months this winter. Carbonized Gray popped on every truck and Bronco Sport I saw. AMB looks incredible in some pictures and I love dark blue in general, but I keep thinking back to the number of times I’d be looking for the blue truck and walked right past it because it was obviously black. Same truck, more than once. My brain just would not hold on to the idea that that truck was Blue.

I’ve been swayed back towards Shadow Black a couple times from pictures too, so I keep reminding myself what I thought when I saw those colors on real vehicles in real life day after day: gotta go with carbonized gray.
Sponsored

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They missed the mark on AMB imo. Have a look at BMWs Tanzanite Blue II Metallic. This is what I do want AMB to be. So ima have to go Carb Gray. At the end of the day it's a personal choice ofcourse.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Started carbonized, switched to amb, switched back to carbonized, then saw the amb Bronco in person, stayed with my carbonized choice.

(my previously posted pics)

Overcast day, under an overhanging roof: https://www.bronco6g.com/pics-thoug...iamond-sasquatch-koons-falls-church-virginia/

And next day, uncovered:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ck-diamond-sasquatch-ted-britt-fairfax.15065/

I am not a fan of purple, and there are very occasional, light-type&position-specific hints of purple in amb that would make me regret it.

That said, it’s a cool color, shifts constantly, and is relatively unusual on the spectrum of what’s commonly out there on the road. Definitely hard to paint match and keep clean as others have wisely advised.

I say get amb so my grey will be one unit rarer! 😎

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They missed the mark on AMB imo. Have a look at BMWs Tanzanite Blue II Metallic. This is what I do want AMB to be. So ima have to go Carb Gray. At the end of the day it's a personal choice ofcourse.
Definitely would be a harder choice for me if Ford actually copied tanzanite from the Germans.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I saw the photos of AMB on this site I fell in love with it. But after personally looking the color over three times, including on a bright sunny Southern California day, I decided against it. I caution you that photos on this site make the blue much more apparent than the human eye perceives in reality. If it looked like all the photos, I would absolutely buy it. In person it is predominately black a vast majority of the time. Even in bright sun light, only a few angles reflected the brilliance of the base paint. Like the comment above by the dealer employee that frequently walked past it thinking it was black, I too experienced that. The last time I checked it out at a dealer on an F-250, the salesperson and I walked up to two black trucks from about 50 yards away only to realize that one of them was AMB from about 5 feet away. Check it out in person.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know if AMB will be around in 22?

Broncostud

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 dialysis dump,,Lincoln MKZ, Kia sorento
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Antimatter rocks,,,,,,sunny blue,,cloudy black,,, I’m in

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll go against the grain and say stick with CG. It’s not about which one looks better under perfect light conditions when completely clean. It’s about which looks better most of the time.

I have a carb grey ranger. It looks great clean, dirty, sun, or clouds. It’s a nice shade in its own right and looks modern without being trendy. Solid paint choice all in all.

The color you really shouldn’t sleep on is cactus. Go look at a cactus ranger they look real slick.

Sponsored

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, you just can't go wrong. Both are great colors. I'm actually Area 51, but I was 50/50 between it and Carbonized Gray. AMB would have been my 3rd color. I've had a dark blue truck before and wanted something different, so I ended up Area 51. Once I make a decision, I rarely look back. No regrets! Whatever you do, it will look great in your driveway!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I too, went back and forth with these two colors, but I have stuck with Carbonized Gray Metallic largely because I have owned way too many dark blue cars and want the stealthiest highway color. When it comes to paying the man for road tax, it matters.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand your pain lol. I have AMB on order but I am seriously thinking about moving to Carb Gray. I think it will be easier to keep looking good overall.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

between those two, Antimatter Blue without a doubt for me. I really like the grey but love the blue.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw the photos of AMB on this site I fell in love with it. But after personally looking the color over three times, including on a bright sunny Southern California day, I decided against it. I caution you that photos on this site make the blue much more apparent than the human eye perceives in reality. If it looked like all the photos, I would absolutely buy it. In person it is predominately black a vast majority of the time. Even in bright sun light, only a few angles reflected the brilliance of the base paint. Like the comment above by the dealer employee that frequently walked past it thinking it was black, I too experienced that. The last time I checked it out at a dealer on an F-250, the salesperson and I walked up to two black trucks from about 50 yards away only to realize that one of them was AMB from about 5 feet away. Check it out in person.

As stampede1 said, AMB really looks black quite often.

I've looked at F-250's in AMB and thought they were black until very close on sunny So Cal days too.

I want to like AMB, but for me, it's just too black and not enough blue in person. I'd suggest going Carb Gray but your own eyes will tell you what you like in person. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: