First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at different cargo security systems and want to buy diabolical slipstream for when top off, but seems pointless if anyone can just click unlock on door to unlock rear swing door. Is there a way to disable unlock when a key is not present?
Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently tested this on my 2021. Not sure if others are different, but if the key isn't present you can't use the unlock buttons to unlock the swing gate.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at different cargo security systems and want to buy diabolical slipstream for when top off, but seems pointless if anyone can just click unlock on door to unlock rear swing door. Is there a way to disable unlock when a key is not present?
Never found anything in the owner's manual about it, but for future reference, there's a setting for that:

[Settings > Vehicle > Locks > Switch Inhibit]​

It disables the unlock button on the doors 20 seconds after you lock it with the fob/handle. I tested it on mine and it works as expected; if the key fob isn't nearby, the unlock button is entirely disabled.
Ford Bronco Cargo & disabling rear swing door lock if no key 5E7ADC07-4A9B-4A2C-A9D4-2BB90F7E9A11

Ford Bronco Cargo & disabling rear swing door lock if no key 8C929605-8A22-49BE-82A6-5C0C046648A8

dashzero

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch Harttop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if i reach in the switch doesnt work, as expected with switch inhibit. But if i open the door with the handle, the switch enable, and I can hit unlock and it unlocks the read gate. The alarm does go off. Can someone check to make sure im not missing something
Sponsored