Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some water spilled in the back of our 4-Door and I pulled out the cargo floor in the back to dry everything out. It is held down by 8 bolts that holds the cargo hooks down. It’s not really that hard to pull out, but, as the floor is quite solid and snug fitting, I don’t really see why it needs to be bolted down. I’m thinking of cutting the tabs off so that it can be easily taken in or out without any bolts. Has anyone done this? Any downside that I am missing?
Sponsored

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't really see a downside. I think the bolts are just so if you have something heavy that you're trying to slide in and out, it doesn't take the floor with it.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you're bouncing around off-road, the bolted in hooks will hold cargo down. It's not the worst thing in the world, but sometime things can spill or get crushed from being jostled.

If you dont off road, then I guess those bolts are just extra weight that is killing your MPGs.

OP
OP

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you're bouncing around off-road, the bolted in hooks will hold cargo down. It's not the worst thing in the world, but sometime things can spill or get crushed from being jostled.

If you dont off road, then I guess those bolts are just extra weight that is killing your MPGs.
I would not get rid of the cargo clips, but the cargo Floor has tabs that are held down by the bolts. If you clip the plastic tabs, the plastic floor would lift in and out without needing to unbolt the hooks. I’m just nervous modifying anything on a brand new $50K vehicle😬

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would not get rid of the cargo clips, but the cargo Floor has tabs that are held down by the bolts. If you clip the plastic tabs, the plastic floor would lift in and out without needing to unbolt the hooks. I’m just nervous modifying anything on a brand new $50K vehicle😬
Did you do this? If so, any downsides or it is working as expected?

OP
OP

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you do this? If so, any downsides or it is working as expected?
No, I haven’t done it yet, but I really don’t see the down side.
Sponsored