Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi everyone, So I've finally got a VIN (been waiting over 2 years now) and although I've been bumped for production multiple times (current is 12/19), I hope to get the truck early next year. Given it's going to spend its life outside, I started pricing ceramic coating in the area. I'm in CT. One shop was $2300 and another was $1500. Has anyone got theirs done, or can recommend a good place for a fair price in the area? I'm not sure if these quotes are high, or in line. Also, did you have the removable roof & fender flares ceramic coated as well, or just the paint? Thanks in advance!
where In CT are you located?
My shop is in Stratford we do ceramic coating PPF and tinting.
Sponsored

OP
OP
djm101

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where In CT are you located?
My shop is in Stratford we do ceramic coating PPF and tinting.
Near Danbury. You're not too far.

Pipe Doctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2020 BMW X7, 2016 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in CT and used Jimmy at Apex Auto detailing- Portland, CT. He did an Expel Stealth paint protection film on all the painted surface and ceramic coated with Expel Fusion plus. I highly recommend him and I highly recommend doing anything to help protect the paint. This is my first Ford and this is the worst paint on any vehicle I’ve ever owned. Quite a bit of paint correction had to be done in my case…Carbonized grey fleck was super heavy in some areas and nonexistent in others, fish eyes everywhere, several visible spots in clear coat. After only 195 miles I had 4 good size rock chips. It bothered me so bad it that I needed to cover it up. I can’t imagine what it was going to look like after a few thousand miles at that rate. Paint correction couldnt fix all my Bronco’s problems
Ford Bronco Ceramic Coating in CT area? + Other questions 2653EEE8-2435-4464-80AF-05B48A60FF1F
Ford Bronco Ceramic Coating in CT area? + Other questions 25E8027D-690A-459C-A086-3E836045F2FD
but the matte film helped to hide the mediocre paint job . My truck was basically 70k with tax and another 4800 was well worth It to me to get all of benefits that this offered.

OP
OP
djm101

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in CT and used Jimmy at Apex Auto detailing- Portland, CT. He did an Expel Stealth paint protection film on all the painted surface and ceramic coated with Expel Fusion plus. I highly recommend him and I highly recommend doing anything to help protect the paint. This is my first Ford and this is the worst paint on any vehicle I’ve ever owned. Quite a bit of paint correction had to be done in my case…Carbonized grey fleck was super heavy in some areas and nonexistent in others, fish eyes everywhere, several visible spots in clear coat. After only 195 miles I had 4 good size rock chips. It bothered me so bad it that I needed to cover it up. I can’t imagine what it was going to look like after a few thousand miles at that rate. Paint correction couldnt fix all my Bronco’s problems
Ford Bronco Ceramic Coating in CT area? + Other questions 25E8027D-690A-459C-A086-3E836045F2FD
but the matte film helped to hide the mediocre paint job . My truck was basically 70k with tax and another 4800 was well worth It to me to get all of benefits that this offered.
Sweet ride. Wheels/Tires look great.

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
have you considered PPF instead or in addition to the ceramic?

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Near Danbury. You're not too far.
not at all. Give us a call tomorrow at 203-693-3456 and I’ll give you all the details and pricing. My name is Andrew.

OP
OP
djm101

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not at all. Give us a call tomorrow at 203-693-3456 and I’ll give you all the details and pricing. My name is Andrew.
Will do. Thanks Andrew. Do you have a website?

OP
OP
djm101

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have you considered PPF instead or in addition to the ceramic?
Haven't ruled it out but it seems pricy to do the whole car.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will do. Thanks Andrew. Do you have a website?
Yes ctwindowfilm.com

you can also check out our Instagram @ctwindowfilm

I will give you the fellow bronco discount as Well haha

OP
OP
djm101

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes ctwindowfilm.com

Thanks bud. - Marc

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't ruled it out but it seems pricy to do the whole car.
Nice to see all of the CT folks. I am new here. Sadly I think I still have some time before my Bronco arrives. Please keep us posted on what you end up doing. Have similar questions. I know from Experience Ford paint ain't always the best.

OP
OP
djm101

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice to see all of the CT folks. I am new here. Sadly I think I still have some time before my Bronco arrives. Please keep us posted on what you end up doing. Have similar questions. I know from Experience Ford paint ain't always the best.
Ditto. Mine isn't here yet either :) My production date (moved three times now) is currently the week of 12/19. I've been waiting for this truck for over two years since reservation in 2020, and got bumped two model years to MY23. It's been crazy but I have a VIN now so it's closer than I've ever been. Happy to keep you posted.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes ctwindowfilm.com

I will personally vouch for their shop. I have known the owner for years, great guy and they do great work.

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto. Mine isn't here yet either :) My production date (moved three times now) is currently the week of 12/19. I've been waiting for this truck for over two years since reservation in 2020, and got bumped two model years to MY23. It's been crazy but I have a VIN now so it's closer than I've ever been. Happy to keep you posted.
I am in a similar boat...Some of it my fault but I was a day 1, hour 1 reservation. Now waiting but no vin yet...And I thought the wait in 2012 for my Raptor was insane! Best of luck with your build next week and hope it arrives quickly. In 2012 there was so much snow in NJ that my truck sat where they offload from the rail for almost 3 weeks!

A quick arrival of your Bronco would certainly make for a great start to 2023!

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will personally vouch for their shop. I have known the owner for years, great guy and they do great work.
thanks Mark!
Sponsored