Sponsored

Change my order, I am hoping I made the right move..

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Met my sales rep Monday to modify my order which was place on 11/29/21 OBX, 2DR, 6 2,7L, SAS, High, towing,
to BL, 2DR, 2.3L, Auto. Rep said 2.7L, is also constrain, can anyone else confirm this? If this is not true can this be changed through Ford Marketing hot line?

Also, Thank God for this forum.. I would be in complete darkness., if weren't for everyone posting real time..
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
List is from a couple of weeks ago but according to FVG's latest webcast constraints haven't changed that much. Only your dealer can make changes. Did your dealer say if you are eligible for the Order Modification rebate if you changed models and dropped constraints??

Ford Bronco Change my order, I am hoping I made the right move.. 1674663005643

OP
OP
rfiorillo

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1st off this great and thanks for responding. I asked him, He said he would have to check to see, he hasn't respond yet. But I did get the email.. So I am assuming, yes but I will reach out to him this week to get confirmation.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've always advocated to wait on what you want. If you compromise now, it will always nag you that you could have waited for that 'one thing' a little longer. Even more so when every other Bronco has that 'one thing' you wanted. I waited through all the constraints (MIC Tops, SAS, Tow, you name it) and finally took delivery months after people were getting their 2022's. I am SO happy I held out.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've always advocated to wait on what you want. If you compromise now, it will always nag you that you could have waited for that 'one thing' a little longer. Even more so when every other Bronco has that 'one thing' you wanted. I waited through all the constraints (MIC Tops, SAS, Tow, you name it) and finally took delivery months after people were getting their 2022's. I am SO happy I held out.
I agree. I always want to yell out HOLD THE LINE. I wouldn't give up the things you want so bad dealers can place orders for the things they want. But nobody listens so whatever😂

But to OP, BL>OBX so that is a great move regardless. And the 2.3 is great so don't sweat that either

Sponsored
OP
OP
rfiorillo

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you on being patient, However, I was on the fence OB vs BL.. So I was okay with that move. Since the BL is already set up for Sasquatch option. I can always upgrade the rims & tires. It's the engine that is giving me reservation. 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder. Which I may ask my rep to change if I am not scheduled soon.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I removed the LUX package as the heated wheel was the only thing we wanted in that package but I still have the MIC and 2.7. If this doesn't get built in 23' we're done!

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last I heard the 2.7L wasn't a major constraint. That being said, it's probably better to be safe than sorry considering the engines are pretty similar in performance. IMO risking losing PP of $3k+ isn't worth it.

Unfortunately, and as I'm sure you're well aware, the 2 door is going to drop your chances of getting build pretty heavily. I lucked out with my base 2 door 2.7L being scheduled, but my build date is the farthest out I've seen so far (March 27th). That leaves ~6 months of scheduling left before they switch over to MY24 in October/November. The last scheduling round had more Base models than typical, so interpret that as you may.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 2.3 is awesome if you keep the standard 33's on the Badlands. If you throw on the extra weight of the sas wheels/tires you might wish u had the 2.7 unless of course you simply do the Ford performance tune as well... I believe that would limit you to high octane fuel though.

IMO, a stock Badlands is more than capable enough for 99% of what you'll ever encounter. I wouldn't want the added weight/fuel economy of the 35s.
Sponsored