First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear that. I usually wake up at the crack of dawn so the morning sun isn’t a factor. Why waste daylight while in the great outdoors?! Windows partially open at night with a makeshift screen setup in my Outback. Works really well. My plan is to take the main portions of the hardtop off when summer camping. Open air experience will be awesome.
Some kind of window screen so that windows could be left open would be good. But the mosquitos were vicious there and not having done the in-vehicle camping before, we didn't have any kind of window screen plan.
Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as camping goes, I have a Eureka tent that is a snap to set up and packs down to a small size. Add an inflatable mattress and a blanket, everything will fit nicely in my 2 door with enough room for the rest of my essential gear to get me by. I'm not gonna rag on anyone for choosing a vehicle that fits their lifestyle better. As much as these things cost, you better be happy with your choice, or what's the point. Right?

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My condolences. It sucks when practical wins out!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also just switched my order to a soft top. I saw a video of how easy it goes all the way down and being someone who always has their moonroof open, I figured it might just be so much easier for me. Plus I live in southern california where it only rains like three times a year. Figure this will be good and worst case scenario I'll bit the bullet in a few years if I have to and buy the hard top.

Not sure why I needed to justify that all for you but, there ya go.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cheapest 4-door with a MT is 8-grand more than my build. So that's a 26% increase in price, to get the cheaper top.
Sponsored