First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like many of us I go above and beyond to care for/protect my Bronco…she hasn’t even seen a Walmart parking lot. Last night I completely failed to remember to put the soft top forward before pulling into the garage. The noise that was made had me white as a ghost. I knew almost instantly what I had done while remembering the stories and videos of others who have done the same; thinking that won’t be me. Problem was getting her out as, like an arrowhead, the front of the top when back point higher than the garage door. It took two friends to help…two of us pushing the door up while holding the top down and the third backing her out. Luckily, there was not one bit of damage done to the soft top visibly and after a drive I concluded structural integrity was also fine. The picture I’ve included shows the track marks left from the latches upon entry. Pretty sure I’ll remember to put the top forward from now on.
Ford Bronco First (almost) Big Mistake Made B8193BD2-1716-4A62-ADDC-7AEA3FE1942F
Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did that and busted the pax side latch right off the top. used 3900 lb per sq inch JB weld to re attach it. Ford says I can't get just the fiberglass beam, have to replace the whole soft top.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I remember a story Cap'n Kamgaroo read to us in the fifties about a truck stuck under a bright- air down the tires

FWIW I watched in horror someone with 2 bikes on top of their suv pull into a parking garage in Asheville, NC a dozen years ago and forgot they were up there and completely demolished the bikes. With some two wheelers now going for $5k and up that would make even bystanders cry

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWIW I watched in horror someone with 2 bikes on top of their suv pull into a parking garage in Asheville, NC a dozen years ago and forgot they were up there and completely demolished the bikes. With some two wheelers now going for $5k and up that would make even bystanders cry
$5k, hah, I wish. I admit I’m into MTB more than most, but my rides are generally purchased direct to consumer (read, lots cheaper) and usually run $6800 minimum. Closer to $8k from a shop.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand why people post embarrassing mistakes like this.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's to remind you not to do the same! I'm just glad I have 9 foot garage door as I'm sure I probably would have done the same by now
My point is that we all make mistakes, but I do not understand broadcasting that. I have an established pattern that I always do when my top is down before parking to eliminate any risk of damage. I highly recommend that to prevent risk of damage.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I remember a story Cap'n Kamgaroo read to us in the fifties about a truck stuck under a bright- air down the tires

I thought about letting air out as an option but was trying to limit the resulting “after removal” annoyances.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's to remind you not to do the same! I'm just glad I have 9 foot garage door as I'm sure I probably would have done the same by now
I see this community as a “family of friends”. I would tell this story to friends and family in person…guess I see no difference here. Life happens, sometimes it helps to laugh about it with others. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My point is that we all make mistakes, but I do not understand broadcasting that. I have an established pattern that I always do when my top is down before parking to eliminate any risk of damage. I highly recommend that to prevent risk of damage.
You sound like you're perfect. That's fabulous.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sound like you're perfect. That's fabulous.
I literally said that everyone makes mistakes. I am part of everyone. I also wouldn't post evidence of my mistake. :LOL:

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heard a story about a guy that did the garage door thing and deflated his tires to 5 psi to lower the Bronco since he didn’t have anyone to help.

I nearly backed in my garage one day with the top flipped back. 😱
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat