Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decided to make a custom front tow hitch for carrying a deer feeder at the lease. Hope you like.

Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made 5C65AE25-DD45-437F-B95D-34BFD0AC5588
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made 3A6B88DB-A780-4ABA-85FF-50FE78CD983D
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made 5D808E9D-CFEF-46C6-BC16-6C41DF34BA2D
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made 647D3A32-B6FE-43AA-BEE5-0E3B3616BC1A
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made 4A73BF47-92F5-4DC4-BF51-5EC28AAE0552
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made E42E4BE2-E153-4034-91A4-7457128C4A64

Do you wanna share some details on how you built and attached it?? I'm very interested in one of these but haven't seen anything out there!! I love my 2 door but I need another place for heavy loads.
4”x8” plate metal with holes cut out to match the tow hook. Then I welded a receiver hitch to it. Replaced the tow hook with the new receiver hitch. Had to use 3 washers at each bolt as shims since the plate is thinner than the old tow hitch.

min not sure what it’s load capacity is. So be careful with that. Let me know if you have any questions.
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made E42E4BE2-E153-4034-91A4-7457128C4A64
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad that you were able to make something to suit your needs. For anyone else who isn't inclined to fabricating your own, there is the XRack Front Hitch Carrier (not for rescue use)
But that only works if you already have the winch mount. Thanks for sharing.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here I’m always trying to avoid the damn things on the road and your trying to lure them to the front of yours. Now I know why they run out in front of me, they think there’s food out in front! :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice set up. Do you use the hitch to move the feeder or use it to spread corn to multiple spots?

I really like the front tag bracket.
It is a hitch feeder to spread corn to multiple locations. I got the tag bracket from a Bronco6G member who was making them.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is a hitch feeder to spread corn to multiple locations. I got the tag bracket from a Bronco6G member who was making them.
Nice. If you look behind that tag you’ll probably see HBTFD……

OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. If you look behind that tag you’ll probably see HBTFD……
I still love it. It’s just been so long I forgot the tag. Thanks again.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you wanna share some details on how you built and attached it?? I'm very interested in one of these but haven't seen anything out there!! I love my 2 door but I need another place for heavy loads.

OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4”x8” plate metal with holes cut out to match the tow hook. Then I welded a receiver hitch to it. Replaced the tow hook with the new receiver hitch. Had to use 3 washers at each bolt as shims since the plate is thinner than the old tow hitch.

min not sure what it’s load capacity is. So be careful with that. Let me know if you have any questions.
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made IMG_0699
Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made IMG_0700

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But it is not mounted in the center. Center mounted hitch receiver would allow for a portable winch to be used at either end. See Ineos Grenadier for what i mean.

A center hitch receiver would also handle a light duty snow plow. And uou could launch a boat while looking straight ahead

OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But it is not mounted in the center. Center mounted hitch receiver would allow for a portable winch to be used at either end. See Ineos Grenadier for what i mean.

A center hitch receiver would also handle a light duty snow plow. And uou could launch a boat while looking straight ahead
Show me one that is already made. I couldn’t find one. So I made my own. Also we don’t have snow in south texas.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Show me one that is already made. I couldn’t find one. So I made my own. Also we don’t have snow in south texas.
Nothing for Bronco that doesn't require a winch mount to start with, or a brand new bumper.

All kinds of options for F150 even one for baby bronc(sport)

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0700.jpeg
This seems like an awesome addition to @Tricky Dick New front tow hook brackets. That would definitely increase the load capacity.

Thanks for the info!!