Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Moving trailers around with a front tow hitch makes it infinitely easier to maneuver where you want it too. I have some water trailers with a pivoting front axle, and a front hitch is the only way possible to back them up without wanting to gnaw on the steering wheel in frustration.
Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Moving trailers around with a front tow hitch makes it infinitely easier to maneuver where you want it too. I have some water trailers with a pivoting front axle, and a front hitch is the only way possible to back them up without wanting to gnaw on the steering wheel in frustration.
Those don't have a locking pin? The PLS trl's we use in the army are the same way. Without the locking pin they're almost impossible to back up.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could see a number of uses for a front hitch mount. Mother-in-law's seat...:sneaky:

OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wiring the feeder was super easy too. Just ran the positive wire to the Aux 1 and the negative to a ground screw. Works like a charm.

Sponsored

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My grandfather always had a hitch on the front of his trucks to back in trailers to tight spots when we camped...and I believe it was offset like the OP's so he had more visibility.

Thanks for the drive down memory road with a man who taught me a little bit about everything!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those don't have a locking pin? The PLS trl's we use in the army are the same way. Without the locking pin they're almost impossible to back up.
Nah these were some shadetree builds, emphasis on shady LOL
I did attempt to put a pin in one of them to see if it would help, but the wheelbase was so long that it wouldn't turn, and when I tried to force it the pin just sheared in half. Pain in the ass trailers.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought at first look it was a fertilizer spreader and was going to call it the Evergreen edition.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thought at first look it was a fertilizer spreader and was going to call it the Evergreen edition.
Well technically it's spreading deer fertilizer so they will grow bigger.
Evermeat edition?

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Decided to make a custom front tow hitch for carrying a deer feeder at the lease. Hope you like.

5C65AE25-DD45-437F-B95D-34BFD0AC5588.jpeg
3A6B88DB-A780-4ABA-85FF-50FE78CD983D.jpeg
5D808E9D-CFEF-46C6-BC16-6C41DF34BA2D.jpeg
647D3A32-B6FE-43AA-BEE5-0E3B3616BC1A.jpeg
4A73BF47-92F5-4DC4-BF51-5EC28AAE0552.jpeg
E42E4BE2-E153-4034-91A4-7457128C4A64.jpeg

4”x8” plate metal with holes cut out to match the tow hook. Then I welded a receiver hitch to it. Replaced the tow hook with the new receiver hitch. Had to use 3 washers at each bolt as shims since the plate is thinner than the old tow hitch.

min not sure what it’s load capacity is. So be careful with that. Let me know if you have any questions.
IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0700.jpeg
Let's hope you don't have any issues with that addition, you most certainly voided your warranty for any bumper related repairs.....

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let's hope you don't have any issues with that addition, you most certainly voided your warranty for any bumper related repairs.....
That's a bit far fetched to think bolting on a hitch in place of a recovery point would void any kind of warranty.

OP
OP
MattyAg

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't change anything about the bumper. I just removed the recovery point and bolted on my custom receiver hitch. I would think a winch, light bars, etc. would cause more issues than my addition.

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't change anything about the bumper. I just removed the recovery point and bolted on my custom receiver hitch. I would think a winch, light bars, etc. would cause more issues than my addition.
Got it, my apologies, I thought you welded it to the bumper lol.

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a bit far fetched to think bolting on a hitch in place of a recovery point would void any kind of warranty.
Just told the OP it was my mistake, I thought it was welded, not attached to the tow hook point on the bumper....easy guy

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My grandfather always had a hitch on the front of his trucks to back in trailers to tight spots when we camped...and I believe it was offset like the OP's so he had more visibility.

Thanks for the drive down memory road with a man who taught me a little bit about everything!
I included one on the Sami bumper I built but it couldn't handle more than an empty 7k car trailer. The steering dynamics are super weird after years of backing trailers but the short wheelbase worked amazing for tight turns.

Ford Bronco First ever front tow hitch - DIY custom made 20210922_171358_HDR
Sponsored