First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife and I were at a Ford dealership earlier this year, looking to trade in my F150 for a Superduty for better towing. We've also been looking around at the eventual replacement of her vehicle. As we were looking at the trucks on the lot, she made the mistake of pointing at a 4D 6g and saying "What's that? It looks pretty cool". In the famous words of Mike Goldberg, "It's aaaaaaaaaaaall over!!!" Joke aside, I was surprised, but excited, because a Bronco fits our needs perfectly, I just didn't think it'd be something she'd be interested in.

I grew up riding in my Dad's 3g 351. I LOVED that thing. I'm still mad at him for selling it! It's pretty hard to compare a 3g to these new 6g's, but the nostalgic factor is still there for me. Once I got wife approval (since technically this is her vehicle), we started window shopping Broncos, and recently found a "used" 2023 Wildtrak with only 2100 miles on it. Well, an afternoon and a bit of haggling later, she's all ours. We're looking forward to the fun!

It was also fun convincing the salesman not to detail the exterior. The last 1/2 mile of our road is basically an offroad trail full of huge potholes and ruts filled with mud and water, so it is a waste of the dealership's time (it was already pretty clean). For context, there was no dirt on it when we left the dealership. :)

Ford Bronco My wife made the mistake of saying "those look pretty cool" b1
Sponsored

Sponsored

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great story, nice rig!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife and I were at a Ford dealership earlier this year, looking to trade in my F150 for a Superduty for better towing. We've also been looking around at the eventual replacement of her vehicle. As we were looking at the trucks on the lot, she made the mistake of pointing at a 4D 6g and saying "What's that? It looks pretty cool". In the famous words of Mike Goldberg, "It's aaaaaaaaaaaall over!!!" Joke aside, I was surprised, but excited, because a Bronco fits our needs perfectly, I just didn't think it'd be something she'd be interested in.

I grew up riding in my Dad's 3g 351. I LOVED that thing. I'm still mad at him for selling it! It's pretty hard to compare a 3g to these new 6g's, but the nostalgic factor is still there for me. Once I got wife approval (since technically this is her vehicle), we started window shopping Broncos, and recently found a "used" 2023 Wildtrak with only 2100 miles on it. Well, an afternoon and a bit of haggling later, she's all ours. We're looking forward to the fun!

It was also fun convincing the salesman not to detail the exterior. The last 1/2 mile of our road is basically an offroad trail full of huge potholes and ruts filled with mud and water, so it is a waste of the dealership's time (it was already pretty clean). For context, there was no dirt on it when we left the dealership. :)

Thanks for sharing, Dave. Enjoy your Bronco!

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on your handsome baby.
Strongly suggest you get mudflaps to protect the lower body area. If you expect to do serious off-roading, then something that are, or are partly, removable would be wise. (I endorse the RokBlokz.) For better protection, consider a full-length step which can double (depending on your vehicle use) as a rockrail. I use the iAG full-length removable step, which comes off (and back on) easily enough for when I'm leaving pavement. I just happened to notice this guy is selling a pair in your neighborhood:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/iag-full-length-ez-step-add-on-side-steps-4-door.89885/

Sponsored
OP
OP
De1taE1even

De1taE1even

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats on your handsome baby.
Strongly suggest you get mudflaps to protect the lower body area. If you expect to do serious off-roading, then something that are, or are partly, removable would be wise. (I endorse the RokBlokz.) For better protection, consider a full-length step which can double (depending on your vehicle use) as a rockrail. I use the iAG full-length removable step, which comes off (and back on) easily enough for when I'm leaving pavement. I just happened to notice this guy is selling a pair in your neighborhood:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/iag-full-length-ez-step-add-on-side-steps-4-door.89885/
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately those steps are about 5 hours from me over here next to the Idaho border, but I'll keep an eye out.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately those steps are about 5 hours from me over here next to the Idaho border, but I'll keep an eye out.
Do some research on them. The smaller door steps you already have may be just what you need. If you opt for that guy's iAGs, you could meet half-way.
Consider yourself blessed that you are vexed with issues like this!

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds a lot like our story. Wife was tired of her mommobiles and was really wanting something different. Broncos had just come out and after a test drive she was hooked. Two years later she and I both have enjoyed the new toy.

OP
OP
De1taE1even

De1taE1even

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds a lot like our story. Wife was tired of her mommobiles and was really wanting something different. Broncos had just come out and after a test drive she was hooked. Two years later she and I both have enjoyed the new toy.
She's a bit intimidated so far, coming from a much smaller car, but getting used to it quickly. She's never driven something so boxy. The short windshield and overall upright stance are new to her. But she does enjoy the ride.

Big Swede

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same thing kinda happen to me. Wife and I went to the Ford dealer to test drive some F250’s. After we were done, she was like, I want to go look at those Broncos. Several hours later she had traded in her Explorer and we were driving him in her new Outer Banks. 🫤
Sponsored